Thread: CFB week 4

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 4

9-4 last week, 35-15 ytd (70.0 %)

West Virginia at Virginia Tech: Who does Hank root for here……hope it not the Hokies. The Mountaineers win it 34-28

Virginia at Syracuse: Is this going to be an Orange Out……probably not for Virginia. Da Cuse 35-21

Clemson at No. 21 Wake Forest: I have seen nothing out of Clemson's QB to inspire confidence over the last couple of years, but then I’ve seen nothing from the Deacon defense either. Clemson 24-23

Missouri at Auburn: A double dumpster fire. Auburn is home team so I’ll go War Eagles/Tigers 31-20

Texas at Texas Tech: Hardest game for me to pick this week. Sarks teams while very pedestrian are more talented than Taco Tech but you can get cheated blind in Lubbock. Horns 24-23

No. 20 Florida at No. 11 Tennessee: Two teams I despise equally, however the super sayian QB from Florida is actually more like master Roshi so I'm going Tennessee 30-27

Baylor vs Iowa st: Gotta go with the Ursus americanus 31-27

No. 10 Arkansas vs. No. 23 Texas A&M: Pigs 26-24

Wisconsin at No. 3 Ohio State: Suckeyes 51-14

UConn at No. 12 NC State: Wolfpack savages the Huskies 41-10

Florida Atlantic at Purdue: Boilers 38-24

Kansas State at No. 6 Oklahoma: No upset here.....except for Hombre maybe. Sooners 34-20

Iowa @ Rutgers: I don't know why I do this to myself, Iowa kicks two field goals and runs back a blocked extra point to win 8-6

BTW, concerning Arkansas's 38-27 squeaker over the lying Petrino's, I actually picked the hogs 38-24 but certainly didn't anticipate having to come back from 10 down in the 4th quarter
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I agree with you OU / K-state pick. I think Kstate has a pretty good D but is anemic on offense. The only thing I would say you're off on is the 20 points scored by Kstate. I'd be surprised if they top 10.

Some tough picks this week! And both Kansas teams looks sporty in cupcake season! Except for that hiccup against Tulane.

Oughta be a fun weekend to watch. And QA I think you’re prescient about TU/TTU

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ll definitely be rooting for Tech but my money will be on the Mountaineers. While Lane Stadium on a Thursday night gives them a puncher’s chance, the new coach needs to stockpile some talent for them to compete. The atmosphere should be electric if you have a chance to watch.

Wake was actually pretty good last year and they have a really good QB but last I heard he’s out with some non football illness that sounded serious. Without him, no way.

Agree on Taco Tech. Based on what I saw last week they should beat Texas in Lubbock.

The Wolfpack should throttle UConn soundly as they are one of the worst teams in the country. This scares me. State is very experienced and I wouldn’t normally expect a letdown but we’ve also got Clemspson the following weekend and I hope they’re not looking ahead. In general, our QB is going to have to play up to his hype on a consistent basis if they are going to have a chance against the Tigers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

prescient? Isn't that a seer whose nuts haven't dropped yet?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Tough time for the home team last night. Tech’s not good enough to play so undisciplined and rack up a bunch of penalties.

Wouldn’t you know ESPN does a feature on the aTm-Ark game and the whole thing is about Jimbo Fischer.

Is Ark really dead last in pass defense? In all the land?

I hope Arkansas beats them like a drum.

BKB

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Unfortunately it is true
    Albert Einstein

Pea Head Walker

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Purdue may be sitting out their QB today. They are calling it a game time decision. He is currently 5th in the country in passing yards but I would hope that their backup would still be able to beat FAU.

They need to get more disciplined as a whole though, penalties are killing them this season so far. The number and timing of the penalties are the primary reason they have two losses.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Clemson is getting shanked by the refs. The league needs to suspend all of them indefinitely
    Albert Einstein

I feel sorry for Texas fans. They’ve been told they’re back through four coaches and now they lose to a cellar dwellar. Although Tech may indeed be back even if Texass isn’t. Poor Sark.

And Arkansas looks VERY good through one quarter. The secondary is playing pretty perfectly. Can they hold it at that level?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Kendal Briles is the best weapon than the Aggies have
    Albert Einstein

Speaking of shanked by the refs, Maryland got totally robbed at Michigan. Twice.

Don’t they have replay in the Big 18?

Polls are out and the Wolfpack is up to #10! I’m already nervous about Clemson this week though. The Sooners dropping 12 spots is a bit of a head scratcher. I’m surprised 2-2 ND wasn’t ranked…

"The Sooners dropping 12 spots is a bit of a head scratcher."

They lost to an unranked K-state team that just lost to Tulane the week before

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    "The Sooners dropping 12 spots is a bit of a head scratcher."

They lost to an unranked K-state team that just lost to Tulane the week before
    Agree. We’re lucky to have only dropped 12. This is the issue with September football polls though. They’re pretty meaningless until mid to late October.

All I can say about this loss is, the Big 12 race for the championship will be won or lost in November (like usual) and its looking like every team in the conference has a chance right now.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The big 12 is still anyone's championship to claim and I'm sure OU will be right in the running come the end of the season.

Arkansas OC Kendal Briles needs to be prosecuted for murdering a potential blowout with his "cute" play calling. I hope his Proctologist is still digging Sam's boot out of his ass
    Albert Einstein