Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
Are you going to make it up to Duluth? There is a railroad museum there that is beyond amazing. And all kinds of sights up the road towards Grand Marais....
Hey, I've been to that when my wife bought us a couple tickets for the scenic rail trip from duluth up to the iron fields north of there. Great trip. We have another scenic rail trip in a couple weeks, the Cass Scenic RR up to Bald Knob. Right above the hunting camp I spent so much of my youth in. Scenic rail rocks.

About the hail. Jim no one who has not lived in the upper midwest seems to believe me when I tell them that the summers are hotter and more muggy than those in WV. It is just hard to believe some place that far north can have such stifling humidity and ferocious storms. It was shocking to me when I moved up there.

I remember back around 97 or so when we got one of those incredibly hard hail/thunderstorms. I had just restored the original Betsy a couple years earlier. A short wheel based standard cab '79 Silverado with a new GM body and an unbelievably stout LT1 like 350. I ran outside with a bunch of quilts and weighed them down on the hood, cab, and bedsides while the storm raged. Luckily no damage but I was lucky in that they predicted it so I was ready when it started.

I hope you are lucky too. Don't let it ruin your trip either way my friend. Memory making trips are much more rare than new hoods.

Will