Thread: CFB week 5

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 5

10-3 last week should have been 12-1. 45-18 ytd (71.4)

Navy at Air Force: I would love to see the Middies win this but I just don't see it happening. DaForce 30-20

Michigan at Iowa: The Michigan offense was exposed a little bit last week but Iowa's offense has been exposed in every game this year. Michigan scores enough to win it 17-14

Kentucky at Ole Miss: I've seen both these teams play and I've only been mildly impressed. Jaxon Dart hasn't shown he can successfully carry the team when the run isn't working. They'll struggle against Stoops defense. Cats 24-21

Oklahoma at TCU: I don't know if I overguesstimated the Sooners or Under guesstimated Kst. I probably should have picked Postys brain on this but judging by what I saw last week I gonna say the Toads win it at home 33-27

Texas Tech at Kansas State: I love the Red Raiders mascot but unless he throws for 300 yds this week I can't see them winning. Mildcats 31-21

Illinois at Wisconsin: Wisky's offense is second only to Iowa. I'm saying the Fightin Illini scalp the badgers in a low scoring affair 21-17

Purdue at Minnesota: Another typical Heckle and Jive Purdue team. Gophers 26-24

Wake Forest at Florida State: I don't have a feel for FSU......seems like they've been gifted every game this far. Their luck runs out this week. The Deac's prevail 36-27

Virginia Tech at North Carolina: The Tarholes beat powerhouse App st so they should score enough to hold off an underwhelming Tech squad. Tarholes 34-24

Oklahoma State at Baylor: Two slightly overrated teams.....I think the Babbalist win it 28-20

Iowa State at Kansas: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK. Kansas 38-30

Alabama at Arkansas: Shooting fish in a barrel here, Bama probably won't punt until they score 60. Tide rolls 64-6

Texas A&M at Mississippi State: State over the male cheerleaders 35-23

LSU at Auburn: The Harsin experiment is rapidly coming to an end. LSwho 30-13

Indiana at Nebraska: Cornholers get back on track 26-21

NC State at Clemson: This ones for Hank.......State 28-24

Usually grumbings: Top Ten + 1 Dead albatrosses that need to be banned forever

1) Targeting
    2) Formation penalties
    3) Hands to the face penalties
    4) Instant replay
    5) Gary Danielson
    6) Pat MacAfee on gameday
    7) Aaron Judge cut-ins
    8) Intentional grounding penalties
    9) Breaking the plane ( put it in the endzone or it don't count)
    10) Gronk in his underwear commercials

+1) RG3 as an announcer
    Last edited by quercus alba; 09-28-2022 at 07:43 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Mildcats? That hurts QA. I mean we probably only get this one week for a little respect before we return to true form.

How do you think Barry feels.....I picked TCU over the Sooners this week
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I think that Klieman fellow from NODAK State has turned K State into the real deal. He so obviously knew his business before he set foot in the land of Nod. I’m not sure how far he can take the talent they have, but I don’t think the Sooner game was a one off. The game before OU definitely was. Kansas is real too, as people are gonna find out. The old Big 12 North is showing some stuff, man!

I’m gonna go out on a limb and pick the Hogs to win in an upset this week over Bama. WPS! Fayetteville gonna rock and roll Saturday night!

And I’ll definitely watch NC State and Clempson. The ACC is entertaining as hell this year.

BKB

and ps…you’re wrong about he Sooners. They bounce back this week and start the march towards another Big 12 title run. Hide and watch.
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I appreciate the support for the Wolfpack fellas. I’m too big of a homer to have any impartial analysis. I will say this, I don’t think Clemson can hang a 50 spot on State’s defense. So, if that’s what it takes, we win. (It’ll also be a Mud Bowl as Ian is blowing through and I like our chances if both teams have to rely on the run due to the weather.)

I’m high on Texas Tech and their only real weakness is their QB is young and will make some mistakes. I also agree with Barry that Iowa State is for real.

Tech at Carolina. Tech is not very good and Carolina is way overrated. The game has passed Mac Brown by. Put a gun to my head and I’ll take UNC at home. If the Hokies don’t find a way to win, it’s going to be a very looonnnnngggg season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

The revolving door at head coach makes it hard for Va Tech to have any consistency. JMO.
    I wonder if things don’t work out at SC, and they ain’t too well, if there’s a chance Shane Beamer lands there. He’s actually a pretty good coach as an assistant. He just needs some seasoning at the head job.

BKB

ps, yes I said head job, Thumper.
    Viva Renaldo!

I’m not sure I’d call it a revolving door. Beamer was there for 28 years and then Fuente for 6. But, there is clearly a talent deficit. We’ll see if the new guy can do better. I do agree that Shane Beamer would be a popular choice at some point.

I don't think there's any cognizant man, woman, child, dog, cat or amoeba on the planet that thinks Arkansas has a minuscule modicum of a chance against Bama. The line is 17.5 but I'll be surprised if it's not at least twice that.

Five reasons the Hogs get blown out tomorrow:

1) our pass coverage is perhaps the worst I've seen at any level, or maybe it's just our defensive scheme, either way it's not working. Hogs have played one qb with a pulse this year and the D is still giving up 300+ passing ypg. Unlike the NBA zone defense is not illegal.

2) Tackling. Sam Pittman made a decision not to have live tackling in preseason practice and it's showing. How difficult is the concept of wrapping your arms around a ball carrier and holding on. Big hits look good on ESPN top 10 but form tackling wins games.

3) Bama has been living in our heads for 14 fixing to be 15 years. I don't think anybody on the team including Sam Pittman thinks we have a snowball's chance

4) KJ Jefferson has zero ability in the mental aspect of the game such as reading a defense or coverage, hell he can't even speak intelligible English yet

5) they're Alabama and we're Arkansas

And a bonus reason (6) Kendal Briles
    Last edited by quercus alba; 09-30-2022 at 09:17 PM.
    Albert Einstein

#3 could be said about the whole SEC when it comes to Bama. True for Clemson and the ACC as well and one of my biggest worries about tonight’s game. Beating Clemson two years in a row (and at home with both teams ranked in the top 20) would be huge.

Good luck today QA. Hope your boys take old Beezelbub’s boys to the woodshed today in fayetteville.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

One of underrated games today is Tulsa-Cincy. Cincy is a solid team that’ll make their way into the top 25 and Tulsa is a scrappy team that plays some solid football. A little private school of 3000 students makes for an awesome underdog too!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

CFB week 5

Looks like OU is down to their 3rd string QB.

I am officially entering the fan portal......Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!
    Albert Einstein

Anybody want to join me? Hank? Posthole?

drink.jpg
    Albert Einstein

Man, OU is sucking the hind teat this season! And it definitely looks like there is a changing of the guard in the Big 12 as well.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Oh, I was there and am moving a little slow this morning as a result.