Thread: Another one bites the dust!

Another one bites the dust!

Well, I guess ol' Archer got the bug. In case you don't keep up with him, he sold his business, sold his farm, retired, bought himself a camper and has hit the road! No critters are safe now.

cartytrailer.jpg

And this is what he now wakes up to.

cartycamp.jpg

Safe travels buddy!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

This should make for some adventures!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I talked to him yesterday and I believe he's in Illinois right now. I think the ol' boy is a bit confused on his first journey. You're SUPPOSED to head SOUTH in November! But, I have a sneakin' suspicion he's headed up to chase those corn fed deer!

More power to him. He's up there where I just left. Wish we could'a hooked up in the middle somewhere.

I have an old work friend who has lived and traveled all over in her RV for several years now.She’s joined up with a group of women who do the same and they’re somewhere in Mexico right now I think. She seems to really like it. I think she roostswith her daughter for a rest now and then.
    I’m not sure I could do it. In fact, without ready access to grands I know I couldn’t.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

My old Parts Manager in L.A, retired at the same time his wife did. They had a huge house and they sold everything they owned, house, cars, furniture, everything and started with a clean slate. They bought a big ol' motorhome and some sort of little Chevy car to tow behind it, then hit the road. They were both avid golfers and they'd just travel the country, stopping to play golf along the way. If they found a place they really liked, they'd stay a week or so. They had no schedule at all, just went wherever the wind took them. Last I heard, they bought a small house in Arizona and started spending their winters there, but would get right back on the road once the weather got nice. I finally lost track of them, but I'm sure they're both dead by now. Anytime I talked with them, they said they couldn't be happier.

I think I've told this story before, not sure. They had money and a VERY nice house before they sold it. They had a very expensive grand piano in one room in the house. When they bought the piano, it was delivered with very slight damage. Instead of repairing it, the company shipped them a new piano and said they'd pick the first one up. That thing sat in his garage for over a year and although he called repeatedly, they never did pick it up. When they sold out, he also sold that "extra" piano.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My neighbor did the same last year. They both retired and are now traveling with a big 5th wheel. I don’t think I could do that without having a home base somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I belong to quite a few Facebook blogs and you’d be surprised at how many people do that. Many of them are younger and have satellite internet service so they can work from the road.

Pretty much anywhere you can get a 4G or 5G cell phone signal, you can use your phone for a mobile hotspot. Its not blazing fast but it works.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Another one bites the dust!

I have no idea what the norm is, but many are switching over the Starlink system now.

As for your previous post P-hole. There is a Facebook page for just single female campers. There’s also a gal I follow who’s Chinese-American and she goes EVERYWHERE! As far as I know, she’s full-timing. I swear she must hit every festival in the country, no matter what it is. She posts some really nice pics and has no problem at all running all over Mexico, the US and Canada by herself (and her dog). Lonely beaches, the middle of the desert … it doesn’t matter. She’s quite a gal, totally fearless, and I enjoy following her exploits. If interested, search FB for Dora Fang.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Wait until she finds out that her follower “Thumpergirl69” is a dude…

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    When we did our trip to Yellowstone, then Oklahoma (right at 1 month of traveling) I was surprised by how many full-timers there were. I would agree with DD I think I could do it most of the time but would need a home base.

I thoroughly enjoyed our RV every time we took it out. The things I didn't enjoy was 1) not being able to take it out enough 2) storage and insurance costs 3) Worrying about winter and the possibility of freezing pipes. Because of those things we went ahead and sold, on a bright side we got a few thousand over what we paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Wait until she finds out that her follower “Thumpergirl69” is a dude…

Wait till Thumper finds out she is!
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Wait till Thumper finds out she is!
    Bam!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

All o’youse can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I belong to quite a few Facebook blogs and you’d be surprised at how many people do that. Many of them are younger and have satellite internet service so they can work from the road.
    I'm having my 3rd interview with a 100% remote work company this week or next. If things work out, I consider this an option!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.