Thread: EV News

EV News

For my region anyway. This company, Canoo, is a brand new start up EV manufacturer. It remains to be seen if they, or any EV company will succeed but this one decided to start up here in Oklahoma. They’re clearing land in Pryor, just east of here to build a battery assembly plant in addition to a vehicle assy plant in Okie City.
    history note: Pryor is named after Nathaniel Pryor who settled here after serving as a sgt in the Corps of Discovery.
    I know it’ll stir up some argument about whether the things are viable or not. My own opinion is that they will succeed if people want to buy them. Kind of an extension of the old ‘There’s a sucker born every minute’ theory maybe.

If you click on the home button on their site and look at their pickup, it has some neat features. I like the sidegate, and the way the bed extends is kind of cool. 500hp is kind of cool too.

These guys might be fly by night for all anyone knows. But they’re coming here for our cheap labor and willing tax incentives so I hope they sell a million.

https://www.press.canoo.com/press-re...-oklahoma-city
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I personally think we should have made a dedicated effort to find alternative power since the oil shortage in the 70's although I have my doubts that the EV will ever completely replace the internal combustion engine. I don't know if there is technology possible to make a lightweight durable electric power source much less one that is affordable. Right now lithium is the byword in batteries but it's an expensive refining process.

we'll see
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I look at it kind of like airplanes. Jet engines are the f-shit when itcomes to moving big loads around in the air. But combustion engines are found all over the place in aircraft these days. As long as there is a practical market, they’ll stay a part. I see it as a marketing problem, not a science one.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Isn't Pryor where Google put their data center too? Now EV cars? Pryor's really moving up in the world.

Bring on the nukes! Little, indestructible power packs! Now, THAT’S something I could get behind! Could you imagine what the hotrod crowd could do with something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Isn't Pryor where Google put their data center too? Now EV cars? Pryor's really moving up in the world.
    Yep, Google has a big data center there a d the Cherokees just built a huge day care center therefor employees that work there. I don’t know if you remember but we played a few PPGA tourneys at the golf course there. Beautiful country out there in Mayes county.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Was that the golf course that had the coffee can as a cup? I remember a few questionable tracks we played in the day. I still think that my favorite is goat hill.

It may have been, I don’t recall it though. I don’t remember most of the fairways either though, and for good reason.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

From EV’s to golf. Sheeesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Their truck is actually kind of cool.
    BKB

https://www.canoo.com/pickup/
    Viva Renaldo!