Thread: Pre-Thanksgiving funny

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    We are heading out tonight to head to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. While we are out that way we are going to take our exchange student to DC for a day to sightsee. We will also make our traditional trip the Hershey and my son won’t let us miss some time at Gettysburg.

My daughter is also looking at a college out that way so we will try to take a look at the campus even though they will be shut down for the holidays.

Hope all of you have a great holiday and get to spend some time together with your families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Pre-Thanksgiving funny

Sounds like a good trip. Is she looking at Gettysburg College? We toured it with my now college freshman. He liked it but decided on another school nearby.

Also, let me know if you need any DC recommendations.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Pre-Thanksgiving funny

Thanks for the offer. Just checked back in. We left home Tuesday evening when my wife got home from work and drove to Hagerstown for the night. Spent all day yesterday in DC. We decided on doing a hop on/hop off bus tour. We did hit Arlington for the changing of the guard and walked a good part of the Mall.

Our exchange student really did t know a lot about DC other than the White House, but she really liked it. She said she only recognized a few of the names for the monuments but didn’t really have much idea why they were important.

My daughter is looking at Mount St. Mary’s in Emmitsburg, MD so we went there today for a bit then had our Thanksgiving dinner in Gettysburg and went around the battlefield there.

Tomorrow we are heading to Hershey and will be heading home on Sunday.

Last edited by DeputyDog; 11-24-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

Pre-Thanksgiving funny

Sounds like a great trip DD. I just went through Emmittsburg yesterday when I was taking my son back to school. It’s a neat area.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke