Thread: College basketball

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

College basketball

Since my Boilermakers are very unlikely to match their magical performances from last year against top 5 opponents, the Big 10 title game will be an embarrassment. We made it to the title game just by being the team that sucked the least in the B1G West.

But on the other hand, the Purdue basketball team is playing above expectations so far. They won the Phil Knight legacy tourney this weekend by beating West Virginia by 12, Gonzaga by 18, and Duke by 19. Not a bad start to the season for a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I got it from a very reliable source that Chick was practically in tears about y'all beating the Blue Devils
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Regardless of how well the teams are matched up the game still has to be played and winning a football game still involves doing stuff right. So your whiskey-in-your-beers have a fighting chance to do the impossible. Its college athletics ffs! Rah! and all that.

I was excited about my Sooners BB this season and they went out and farted and fell in the first game. They’ve gotten better and better and I think they’ll way outperform expectations this season. I like this Porter Moser fellow. The Big 12 is goingvto be tough sledding this year though. Some good teams. Might be the toughest conference in the country this time out.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I got it from a very reliable source that Chick was practically in tears about y'all beating the Blue Devils
    All I want for Christmas is for Dook to fall flat on its face in the post Coach K era. This was a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I have high hopes for the Hogs this season, they're pretty formidable already and our best player hasn't even set foot on the floor yet plus Mussleman teams seem to consistently improve as the season progresses
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Kstate made the big 12 championship and I feel about the same way as you do DD....Going to be tough to beat a surging TCU right now, especially with them having motivation to get into the CFP