They may not be available in all areas of the country, but down here, they're available on every check-out counter of every store....and, I'm pretty much a conissieur of 'em, even though I eat them sparingly for health reasons.

They're a great little snack food, and they're lots of mom and pop operations that cook and sell them around here.

Yesterday, on our way home from our squirrel hunt, my two buddies and I stopped at a little country store for a soft drink....as we were getting in my truck to leave, a white van with "Kim's Cracklin's--Clarksdale, MS" written on the side, pulled up next to us....he was making a delivery to the store....I'd never heard of them, so I asked the guy standing beside the van, if they were a new business in the area....he said they were, and would gladly give each of us a bag to try, as a sample.

We thanked him, drove off, and each of us began ripping into our bags of cracklin's....they were seasoned perfectly, but had an excessively greasey after-taste to them....we each munched around on them for a while, but none of us liked them....when I got home, I gave the rest of them to Sandy.

During the night, and this morning, too, I had the screaming-sheeits....saw one of my buddies at the parts store, this morning, and he got 'em, too....tried to find Sandy this morning, and she was across the road, where she does her dumping....saw her make several trips out there.

So, if ya'll see any Kim's Cracklin's in your store, you better avoid those sumbiaches.

Those musta been some really bad cracklin's to give a dog the sheeits!!!