Thread: Noticers

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar

Noticers

Any noticers notice how many volcanoes are currently erupting around the world, especially the Ring of Fire? Seemed like a lot so I did a quick check and it's around 44 or 45 right now. Curious as the 'average' or 'normal' at any one time is about 20. Also a large uptick in seismic activity which I can personally attest to as we have been getting little shakers at a much higher rate than 'usual'. Vancouver Island sits on a fault line so this could be interesting. Wonder if Godzilla is waking up?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’m just hoping that big caldera under Yellowstone doesn’t go off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I was not aware of the volcano situation and though it seems excessive, I have no knowledge of this.

As for the seismic activity, we don't really get any of that here in the middle of the continent, but hang on tight and stay safe johnboy.

New Madrid needs to stay asleep too!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

It’s from the heat build-up after receiving my December statement and seeing our “retirement” lost another $11,000 last month. We saved all our working lives and now that we’re ready to use it, it’s been going straight down the toilet for the last couple years.

Yes, I’m pissed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Jim, same here. Just called my Edward Jones rep today, talked about cashing out and putting everything in a 3 month CD paying about 2.25%. Got me thinking, said he'd call back in 3 months, but said since Sept. my Portfolio has gone up, but not the 20% I've lost over the past year.
    Been through this same thing back in 08, but by 2012 I was back up higher than when the crash started.
    At 78 I'm not sure about waiting 5 years, right now 2.25% doesn't seem that bad.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me