Thread: Happy NYE Bowl thread

Happy NYE Bowl thread

Klieman v Saban. Sure its K state and Bama but it really boils down to two world class coaches.

Who ya pulling for? I’m rootin for Hombre’s Purple Pussies.

Prediction: Klieman/KSU will own the Big 12 within four years.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I like Klieman but Bama's gonna win it

Iowa over Kaintuck

Ohio st by 30 over Georgia

Michigan over TCU

In retrospect, that onside kick probably wasn't such a good idea
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-31-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Barring an Arkansasque collapse this Bama game is over
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

The thing about K State is there prolly isn’t one player one that team that could start at Bama. And this year they won the Big 12. They’ll get a big recruiting boost and that’ll change in a few years. Bama has been caught up with by a couple of SEC teams, even as good as they are. LSU appears to be not far behind georgia and Tenn in that realm. Saban may be on his denouement. Maybe not. But he’s the best I’ve seen in my lifetime and Bear was in my lifetime.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Kinda like Arkansas except Kstate has a coach
    Albert Einstein

Now that there’s no chance of a all B1G final I could give a hoot who wins this last game. TCU and Michigan done wore me out! What a game!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

TCU gives up 45 points and Sonny Dykes says “i couldn’t be prouder of the defense”.

Normally that would be absurd. Maybe not tonight. Those pick sixes were YUGE.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Two thoughts:

1. Those were two of the most entertaining football games this year.

2. Bama fans talking about how the best four teams weren’t in the playoff need to STFU. The four teams that had the best seasons were in the playoffs and we didn’t miss you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    FYI - Klieman used to be the coach of the world famous NDSU Bison (pronounced Bizon) who have been kicking ass for quite some time now. I think they have made it to the FCS championship game something like 10 or 11 of the past 12 or 13 years.

Matter of fact they made it to the championship yet again this year and will be playing this coming Sunday at 1 PM against a South Dakota team in Frisco, Texas. Given transfers and injuries they are going to have a TOUGH roe to hoe come Sunday.

P.S. - that is WAY more than I truly know about football but sometimes silly things stick in my memory whether the serve any useful purpose or not.

NDSU is truly a dynasty and have had a run for the ages.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I will be surprised if the LSU/Purdue game is even goi g to be competitive. I don’t know how many from LAU decided to opt out, but Purdue will be playing without their starting QB who was a multi year starter and actually a 6th year Senior since he came back and took advantage of the extra Covid year, their #1 receiver, and their TE who was one of the top in the country this year.

The thing is, I doubt any of them are going to be picked above the 3rd round in the NFL draft, if at all, so I’m having a hard time with them sitting out. I completely understand the “an injury could cost them millions of dollars “ argument but they are all borderline prospects to start with.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Well, I was hoping that it wouldn’t this embarrassing.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Daaammmmnnnn.
    Albert Einstein

This game just clarified to me the issue with players opting out of bowl games.

To the fan that doesn’t follow the Big 10, they have to be wondering how bad the Big 10 and especially the West division is after that performance. With the number and quality of the players who decided it to play that game was not remotely representative of the product Purdue put on the field this year. Throw in the head coach leaving and that game did immense harm to the Purdue program in relation to recruiting and the transfer portal.

I’d imagine there will have to be some adjustments made to that whole deal, along withthe xfer portal. They pay a lot of money to put on these bowl games and the schools get a not insignificant check along with a few weeks more of practice. In other words, the playershaveskin in the game too if they fuck up the bowl system any more than it already has been.

I thought this was a pretty good bowl season overall thoug.
    BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Purdue = Arkansas north except our players hit the portal instead of declaring for the draft
    Albert Einstein

I wonder if bowls might not start offering NIL money for performing in their game. I’d want it with incentives though. Money talks, bullshit walks.
    These days anyway. Team apparently means squat.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Man DD, that was an old school beat down. I’m not wild about the opt outs, transfer portal and NIL and what they’re doing to college football. But, then again why should the players be the only one’s not getting a taste of all the money changing hands in CFB.

It was embarrassing. I’ve had a chance to learn a little more about the situation around the team prior to the game. So not only did they have multiple players, all starters, opt out, they lost the head coach and multiple assistants to Louisville in the time between the Big 10 championship game and the bowl game. Not sure how many LSU had opt out but even though they more than likely would have won, it was guaranteed when the ended playing Purdue’s second string.

Here is a link to the article.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sport...t/69769787007/

Jimbo is hiring Bobby Petrino to run his offense? Just a month after he took the OC job at UNLV? Great example for those college kids entering the xfer portal.
    This ain’t gonna save Jimbo.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Petrino is going to Petrino, he’s still a snake
    Albert Einstein

I saw this morning where Phillip Montgomery, the former TU coach, is now the OC at Auburn. He ought to get the tools to run his offense and its a goodun. Hugh Freeze is an unknown to me, but he’s been good at Liberty. They stole a good one from Baylor as their DC as well, Ron Roberts. I wouldn’t count those guys out in a couple years. Auburn also snagged two highly regarded starting O linemen in the xfer portal.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The portal is going to make it even more difficult for teams like Arkansas, you've basically got one year on undeveloped talent before they bolt for more playing time or the promise of NIL money, usually neither one pan out as they had hoped.
    Albert Einstein

If you look though, at the reasons most of these guys are going to the portal many are graduates who have done their part to earn their scholly and just want to use their last year to maximize their exposure. I don’t have a big problem with that. Coaching turmoil is another big reason. Gundy and his rather large mouth has caused his own issues and they’re losing a bunch of players who’re bailing. Sanders ran off 11 players to the portal at Colorado just with his opening speech. Sure, there have been players who are moving for a lot of selfish reasons,but I think the majorityare justified. NC State lost their starting QB and so did Wake, and those are two of the top clubs in the ACC. I have no idea why they entered.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

State’s QB who was the ACC preseason player of the year had a season ending injury. We were loaded on both sides this year and lost a ton of seniors so he’s leaving for the exposure.

Let’s go TCU!

Welp, that wasn’t much of a championship game. Them Bulldogs were ready to play and TCU looked like the Horned Frogs we’re pretty much used to seeing.
    That was a disappointment!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

I fell asleep at the half and am glad I did!

I feel for TCU fans today. Especially their pom squad.

What a season! As for Georgia, enjoy it while you can! Somewhere right now, Niner is prolly still yelling his head off!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!