Thread: It’s your turn Tic ….

It’s your turn Tic ….

…. Happy Birthday ya’ old Rock Star wannabe!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Thanks Jimmy! I've reach the musical career pinnacle! I play in a 80s-90s rock band with other old white dudes. It's been a blast!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Not as expensive as most mid-life crises.

Happy birthday Len.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Not as expensive as most mid-life crises.

Happy birthday Len.
    Hahahaha, here’s the rule: Learning to play well is indirectly proportional to your impulse control.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Haha. That's a good one.

We've all changed so much since this joint got started. Seriously. Haven't seen a good online shouting match in ages and we don't have any of the preachy stuff about ethics and whatnot cluttering up things anymore. I suppose even a bunch of hillbilly hunters and fisherman could have some impulse control sneak in the back door during all of that change.

Heaven knows it's happened to me. Example: I haven't shook my fist at somebody while driving in so long I can't remember the last time it happened.

Will

I was actually making fun of Len's lack of impulse control regarding buying new guitars. He's never met a shiny axe he didn't like.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Makes me smile.

I could see the pull of having a nice new one. All shiny and whatnot. Then you see a guy like SRV playing one that looked like it was carried thru a war and dug out of a compost heap. Not sure what that means, if anything.

Unfortunately I never learned to play anything. Except the drums if that counts.

If you like SRV, give an ear to Gary Clark, Jr out of Austin. A bit more eclectic but he can hit a lick.

Ray Wylie Hubbard is more my speed these days. He plays an old ‘59 Martin D-18 once in a while. If I had money to burn, those old ones would strike my fancy.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

If you like SRV, give an ear to Gary Clark, Jr out of Austin. A bit more eclectic but he can hit a lick.

Ray Wylie Hubbard is more my speed these days. He plays an old ‘59 Martin D-18 once in a while. If I had money to burn, those old ones would strike my fancy.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ve been on a bit of a blues kick lately and I’ve been listening to a lot of Samantha Fish, Sena Ehrhardt, and some Tab Benoit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Not familiar with any of those three. Thanks deputy, I'll give them a listen.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Not a fan of Samantha Fish or Sena Ehrhardt. They just don’t do it for me. Too “contemporary” I guess. I do like a lot of Tab Benoit’s work though. He does a good job of getting into the good ol’ “down home” blues that I prefer.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I saw him live once in a little bar here that used to have a “blues night” every Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."