Thread: Another one down ….

Another one down ….

RIP David Crosby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Another one down ….

Odd coincidence, a friend of mine is the Tour Manager for Graham Nash and was very close friends with David Crosby. He had just written a birthday message to me on Wednesday and also wrote about talking to Croz (as he calls him), just a couple days ago, about coming out of retirement. They were planning a show in Santa Barbara next month, then would be discussing a tour. The very same day he wished me a happy birthday, Croz passed away. He’s pretty devastated. You just never know.

My buddy has basically been in the music industry all his life. He’s been the Tour Manager for The Rolling Stones, Jackson Browne and Joan Baez, etc. He’s been touring with Graham Nash for many years now and when they were in town a few years back, he hosted Lynn, a couple of our friends and myself to the concert. We met him there early to have an hour or so to chat before the show.

He and Croz ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Croz lived a long life for as much as he abused himself! I’m a big fan of his music but from what I’ve read, much of it by his ‘friends’, he was a handful to be friends with. Plus, Young was my favorite and when they feuded I kind of took Young’s side of things. I was just listening to CSNY this week on my way down to Tulsa. (you thought I was going to say Deja Vu didn’t you)

Anyways, RIP, dug your music.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Deja vu? Ha! I figured more like 8 Miles High! 😉

Yep, he definitely hit some rough spots through the years, but supposedly had mellowed out. His close friends stuck by him through the dark times. At least I’ll never forget the day he died, in case it ever comes up in a trivia contest, he passed on my birthday.