Thread: I get SO tired of this b/s!

I get SO tired of this b/s!

I read on this morning’s news feed about a mass shooting in Monterey Park California. It caught my eye because Lynn used to work for the Monterey Park PD.

But … one thing stood out at the beginning of article:

“…. the gunman used a high powered assault rifle at close range.”

And the final sentence in the article?

“There was no description of the weapon used other than it was a firearm ….”

WTF?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    It's a media requirement that you have to put the “…. the gunman used a high powered assault rifle at close range.” line in

Yep, 15-20 mins. later, the dude shows up at a dance hall in Alhambra (which is next to Monterey Park). The patrons there were able to wrestle him down and take the gun away from him. He fled, but the cops are chasing him down. The gun that was taken away from him? Here ya’ go:

“They recovered a weapon at the scene. Luna wouldn't say what type of firearm it was, other than it was not an assault rifle.”

I’m sure the press is highly disappointed they missed out on a nasty assault weapon story.

Ok, the party’s over. They recovered the “handgun” the guy went into the dance hall to kill people with. He was disarmed by the patrons, but fled the scene in his van.

The cops found him and he killed himself. What did they recover?

"A magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol"

I knew they had to find a way to slip that word in there one final time.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    My first thought was that it might be an SBR but in retrospect I do t think these yahoos would know what that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    The media is furious that it wasn't a racially motivated hate crime committed by a white man with an assault weapon.

poor babies
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Ha! I guess if you roll all the reports into one, a SBR might fit the description. TBH, I quit reading and do not know what he was carrying when the dance hall patrons disarmed him. The last firearm description was what he had with him in the van and shot himself with. I’d just totally lost interest before finding out what the earlier recovery was. I’m sure it must have been an assault something or other.

Have they even uncovered a motive Q/A? As near as I could figure, it was an Asian guy (Vietnamese, judging by his name) shooting up a bunch of Asians celebrating the Lunar New Year.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Probably channeling his inner white supremacy gene
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein