Thread: Stupid Question of the Day

Stupid Question of the Day

What was the last thing you can think of that you’ve purchased that was influenced by a tv ad?

I’ve taxed my poor brain, but I honestly can’t think of anything right now. Other forms of advertising, maybe but nothing I see on tv ads comes to mind that I pay much mind to.

They sure spend a lot on it.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Cadbury mini eggs, they’re like crack to me.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Great minds think alike. TBH, I’ve wondered the same thing probably all my life. I drive Toyotas, but not ONE was purchased due to an ad. Not once in my life have I watched a Ford ad and thought to myself, I should buy an F150! I honestly can’t think of one thing I’ve gone out and purchased due to a commercial.

Now, local advertising for a fair, festival, concert or event, sure, I can appreciate. Products? I’m drawing a blank. I love the drug ads. “Ask your doctor if he can prescribe XYZ tablets for you!” WTF? “Hey doc, you prescribed ABC tablets, could I have XYZ instead?” I hear they’re the tits!

Trillions of $$$ are spent on product advertising. As far as I know, no manufacturer has recouped a dime from me.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The thing I love about the drug ads is “don’t take XYZ if you are allergic to XYZ”. How in the hell am I going to know I’m allergic if I’ve never taken it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I try very hard not to watch any commercials on the tube. They mostly just aggravate the crap outa me.

If NASCAR or a ballgame is on, they’re nothing more than a good time for a pee-break.