Thread: it's amazing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

it's amazing

how just a few miles can make such a change in the flora and fauna. Ten years ago, I moved about five miles and I began to notice this strange sounding bird that sounded like a cross between a dove and a hoot owl. Turns out it was a Eurasian dove. Never had seen one or heard of one.

couple of weekends ago, I boogied down to Shreveport (about 45 miles south) and while at Walmart, I saw these humongous birds. Some were black and some were brown but they were 2/3 the size of a crow. turns out they are a Greater Grackle. We have a common grackle aka blackbird.

I just thought it interesting what just a few miles can make
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Those Eurasion doves showed up here about 10 years ago. I researched the whole deal on them then. I guess they can get to be a real pia. Cattle farmers in TX hate them as bad as starlings. They taste just like a Mouring Dove.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.