First of all, I know there’s NOBODY here who is even remotely interested in Hollywood or Hollywood types and I’ll guarantdamntee’ya, nobody here (including myself) would ever consider watching the Oscars.

BUT …. I kind’a sort’a had to watch last night. When Lynn’s brother passed away unexpectedly in June, we immediately headed straight to L. A. to be with her family. We were also waiting for Lynn’s SIL to get there as she had to fly in from Spain where she was working on a movie set (she’s a Hollywood costume designer). During the dinner after the funeral, I sat next to her and discussed the previous film she worked on. The name? “Everything Everywhere All at Once”. Ooookaaay, whatever, but after talking with her, it sounded fairly interesting.

Alright, spring forward a few months, and it appears the movie is a hit. We received news recently that they had been nominated for TEN Oscars and Shirley was nominated for “Best Costume Design”! Again, so what? But this is family and a HUGE accomplishment.

So, we watched last night. It’s pretty impressive that the film ended up with TEN Oscar nominations and won seven! Unfortunately, Shirley lost out to Avatar. We really felt bad for her. I mean, out of 10 nominations, there were only 3 “losers”, but … just winning the nomination itself is quite an accomplishment. We’re so sorry Shirley. Maybe next time. You’re still a winner in our eyes.

She wore two different dresses at the Oscars. Both by Carhartt ….. errrr, I mean Rodarte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk