Thread: Anybody here stay in touch with Nandy?

Anybody here stay in touch with Nandy?

When Larke passed away, I called everyone in my phone book to pass the word. I had an OLD number for Nandy and it was actually still good. I’ll probably try that number again this evening or tomorrow, but I also wonder if he monitors this site. I didn’t think to ask him when we spoke.

That said, MAYBE one of you dufe-asses might know something. Notice that’s a BIG maybe and highly doubtful. As stated in another thread, we’ll be leaving on a cruise this weekend. One of our stops will be Puerto Rico. As also stated earlier, we do NOT do the sheep hearder thing with normal tourists. We won’t be touring a rum distillery or hitting the beach with a bus load of cruisers.

Lynn and I will probably grab a taxi, get away from the cruise crowd and head over to the “La Ruta de Lechon” (Pork Highway) for some killer Lechón. I was hoping Nandy could point me toward the best in the area.

Any of you deplorables have experience in P. R. ? If no, and I can’t get ahold of Nandy, I’ll leave the decision up to our taxi driver.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I actually thought of you this past weekend Thump. Egghead and I were down at my camp and a local family we’re friendly with gave us the tongues from a bunch of pigs they’d just butchered. Porchina de lengua tacos were a must!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I have a Chinese buddy here who loves tongue. We went into a little Asian market in Tampa once, got a couple of tongues and walked down the sidewalk eating them like corndogs! Yep, we got a few weird looks. I still have it every once in a while, usually in tacos.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Speaking of lost souls, anyone hear or see Carny ?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Speaking of lost souls, anyone hear or see Carny ?
    I figured he done runned oft with his au pair.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain