Thread: I’d buy an electric car

I’d buy an electric car

if they made one that looked like this.

BKB

71DB0DD2-4C79-449E-8DCA-CE0F405B251B.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Got's ta' love the old "jet age" styling .... and the fins that came with it!

Does anybody here remember the old Chrysler Turbine Car (usually referred to as a "Jet Car")? I think they were only made for 1-2 years at most. The government killed the project due to crazy rules and regulations and almost all of them had to be destroyed. I think there are just a small hand full still in existence, but I THINK the turbine engines had to be removed (not positive about that) to save them. Jay Leno has one. Chrysler was way ahead of it's time in those days (early 60's).

I remember there was at least one running around Orlando when I was a kid. I thought there may have been two, because I saw it so often, but Orlando was a LOT smaller back then. I never really knew if I was seeing the same car or not because they were all identical (same color, etc). I can't remember the details, but it seems some were given to private individuals for testing, and others made the national car show circuits, etc. I'm sure the Chrysler factory execs drove them also, but there were only something like 50-60 of them built before getting shut down. Their big claim was that they'd run on ANY liquid that would burn, so the President of Mexico had one that he drove around running on Tequila! (just to prove the point). I think I was about 11 or 12 years old at the time and thought they were the coolest cars I'd ever seen.

turbine_front.jpg turbine_rear.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    and I just thought the Yugo was ugly
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Hey, us cool dudes know what's happening!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Man those things are uglier than Nancy pelosi
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I think you’ve been smoking some of that White Oak tree moss. Ain’t NUTTIN’ that fugly!