Thread: Product endorsement

Product endorsement

I love sausage and will try most any I’ve never had before. Lynn came home from the store the other day with a couple packs of Realtree sausage and cooked a pack up for me to try. I just slapped it on a hotdog bun and hit it with some mustard and Tabasco (this was mild and I like a little more kick in my sausage).

It’s not the best sausage I’ve ever had, but I have no complaints. When she said it was on sale for $2.79, I suddenly liked it even more! She went back to the store and bought 6 or 8 more packages and froze them.

TBH, I’d never heard of it before, but I don’t do the shopping, so it may be a regular item, I dunno. Anyway, for the price (it was on sale), you can’t go wrong. I just thought I’d throw it out here in case anyone here isn’t aware of the brand (never knew Realtree had a sausage brand). All our store had in stock was mild, but I assume they have other heat levels available. Ya’ may want to try it if you have it locally. Ours was in just your standard chain grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    It LOOKS like the kind of deer sausage we make, but every recipe is different. I have never heard of that sausage before and though we make our own sausage, I'm always keen to trying what other folks make.

Guess I will have to keep my eye open for it in the stores up here.

Yep, I'm sure homemade would beat it hands-down, but for store-bought, it's a decent sausage for the money. I've had much worse at a higher price-point.

Bwana, I have an old, antique (Enterprise?) cast iron sausage maker here and think of you every time I see it. I remember you used the same unit when you made your sausage the "old school" way. I'm about to get around to selling off all my junk ... errrr, I mean TREASURES and wondered if you'd be interested? I have no clue what shipping would be and that may be cost prohibitive, but it's on my list of items I need to clear out of here. You'd get the super discounted Good Hunting Good Guy price, so that might make the shipping cost a bit easier to absorb. Let me know if interested ... or have you broken into the 21st century and gone electric?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain