Thread: Flat paint jobs

Flat paint jobs

What the heck is up with all of these new cars andctrucks with flat paint jobs? Battleship grey, primer grey, flat blue and red, just butt ugly paint.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I’ve noticed that also. Flat black has been a popular thing in the custom paint market for quite a few years now. On SOME vehicles, it actually looks pretty good. I guess the manufacturers have picked up on it and on most vehicles, it looks like shit imho. I swear, every time I see the grey, I want to write U. S. Navy on the doors. The green ones are pretty much O. D. Green and look like they need a big white star on the doors.

They seem to be selling, but it’s nothing I’d ever be interested in. Toyota came out with a beige color a couple years ago and I’ve seen quite a few Tacomas and Tundras in that color. It looks like the desert sand colors the military uses in the Middle East. I always wonder if the buyers are military wannabes or Middle East veterans who want to advertise the fact.

Oh yeah .... and you're an old curmudgeon.