Thread: Memorial Day Plans

Memorial Day Plans

Sorry Johnboy! I know yours is July 1st)

what’s your plans for this Memorial Day weekend? We attended a grad party for our oldest grandson last weekend and now we’re both fighting some pretty bad colds we must’ve picked up there. So we’re just going to sit in the sun beside the pool, cook a few things on the Big Green Egg and try to get well! Dangit I hate summer colds.

Sounds boring, but back in my working days, three days of doing nothing would be bliss!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Memorial Day Plans

I guess we’re doing things kind of bassackwards. After 2 weeks in Los Angeles, we’ll be heading home tomorrow. I bought the “cheap seats”, so Delta will be assigning our seats upon check-in. When I made our reservations way back when, I didn’t realize this was Memorial Day weekend. I’m sure LAX will be a frigging madhouse and we’ll probably have a full flight. If so, there’s a good chance Lynn and I will be seated on opposite ends of the plane, both in a center seat. At 6’2” and 295-lbs, I foresee three VERY uncomfortable people in MY row, while sitting in seats designed for a skinny 9 year old, for the cross-country flight. We got lucky on the flight here and had seats we would have normally chosen, me with an aisle seat and her next to me. I’m sweating bullets right now and keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You always put such a positive spin on things.

From the stories I’ve heard, traveling anywhere right now is a mighty hassle. Hope you have a safe trip home. Don’t getyourself in the news.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Heading to Sedona for a long weekend with some friends. We're going to trailer the SXS up and do some trail riding, and just relax.

Ha! P-hole, I’m not sure how one would put a positive spin on going through LAX on a holiday weekend, but we’ll make the most of it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Memorial Day Plans

Doing the same as every year. We will have a house full for the weekend spending time grilling and on the lake except for Sunday when I’ll be spending time with 300K+ of my closest friends at the greatest sporting event in the world and the world’s greatest race track. The 107th Indianapolis 500 and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for those of you who may have funny ideas about NASCAR.

This will be the 38th 500 in a row for me and my 42nd overall.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    In past years Saturday was helping a rancher friend with branding (haven't done that since the kids took over the operation), Should be attending a graduation party for one of my clay target kids, but INSTEAD will be taking my parents into the awful state of Minny-Soda for my cousin's second wedding because Dad doesn't like driving in the Minneapolis traffic, but would PREFER to be camping/relaxing/spending time in the boat.

Take care all and travel safe.

A BIG thank you to all those who made the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf!!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Memorial day menu: Grilled pork (chops, ribs and sausage)
    Corn on the cob
    Purple hull peas
    New potatoes (yukon golds)
    Hot water cornbread

followed by a rousing game of cards with some very good friends

maybe a mid afternoon nap
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Well, I just checked us in. Not too bad. We BOTH got aisle seats directly across from each other. Could’a been a lot worse.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Well, I just checked us in. Not too bad. We BOTH got aisle seats directly across from each other. Could’a been a lot worse.
    . Not for your seat
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Sedona

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

We usually hit the airport 2-3 hours early to soak up the bennies of our mucky-muck lounge membership (thank-you AmEx Platinum). Been sitting at LAX for a couple hours now trying to eat my weight in free food, but it’s about time to head toward our gate. I’ll catch youse dufes in sunny Florida. See ya’, wouldn’t wanna be ya’!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend! Enjoy.

Today we rode the SXS in about 3 miles and then hicked another 2 to the Devils bridge. They tried talking me into going out on it, but I politely offered to take the pic

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Do you have to be a hick to do all that hicking?

You don't have to but it helps

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Doing the same as every year. We will have a house full for the weekend spending time grilling and on the lake except for Sunday when I’ll be spending time with 300K+ of my closest friends at the greatest sporting event in the world and the world’s greatest race track. The 107th Indianapolis 500 and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for those of you who may have funny ideas about NASCAR.

This will be the 38th 500 in a row for me and my 42nd overall.

Deputy did you manage to bring back a tire? I s that like a fly ball? Can you keep it?
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Sure can. If you can catch it.

Can’t believe that the tether broke in the first place and then for it to go between two sections of grandstands and miss everything but a parked car is a miracle.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."