Thread: Killers of the Flower Moon

Killers of the Flower Moon

I really wish Skip (we all knew him as Herb) Hurlburt was still around to read the book and see the movie. Most of all I’d love to hear his dry wit and thoughts about it. Like the others we’ve lost on GH, I miss him. Birddog and I used to meet up with him at the Tulsa Boat show every year or at about any outdoor show where DU was represented. He was easy to spot. 6’7” I think he told me once. He was Osage and they are a tall race. The average height of Osage men in George Caitlin’s day was 6’6” historians say.
    Anyway, all of the talk on media about the movie has me missing him. It was filmed in Pawhuska, Skip’s hometown as well.
    The book is amazing by the way.
    RIP Herb!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

We’ve lost a bunch of people through the years here and I miss them all. Life is too short.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Haven't seen the movie but I read the book years ago and while sad it was an excellent read. FBI was almost as crooked then as it is now

btw King Bill Hale was the villain in Mountain Valley War by Louie Lamour

I doubt it's a coincidence
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein