Thread: Call me old, but I just love this stuff

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Call me old, but I just love this stuff

We have in town a nationally known Boarding School for students interested in Music and Performing Arts.
    Lots of well know musicians and actors have gone there, along with their children. Interlochen Center for the Arts.
    Every summer they put on some great outdoor concerts featuring music from Classical, Jaz, Modern and Old Time R&R
    Concerts are usually Sold Out in days, but wife grabbed tickets for the Beach Boys and the Four Seasons.
    Nice to be surrounded by a few thousands old farts that know the words and can sing a long.
    Fun way to spend a summer night on the shore of a beautiful lake.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Call me old, but I just love this stuff

We love going to those old band performances and have seen a bunch of them. It’s funny to see all the old farts in town rocking out and singing along (including myself). We saw The Beach Boys a few years back, but I think Mike Love is the only original member left. It was still fun though.

It was the same with the Four Seasons, only one original. His name escapes me right now …. Guido? Something like that. They all do a good job of replicating the old sounds though.

We recently went to see The Lettermen and had a blast! We didn’t want that one to end! It was an outside concert at our Strawberry Festival in March. The weather was perfect.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

We have some live music coming up in August. Going up to see The Turnpike Troubadours at the Ozark Amphitheater at lake of the Ozarks.
    And ray Wylie hubbard at the cain’s Ballroom in Nov!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Though not as old as the bands you gents are talking about, the missus and I along with 7 other couples just got back from a local event called Country Fest (they have a Facebook page). The musical acts started on Wednesday, but we got there with our campers on Monday night to secure our spots, spent the day together on July 4th, and then volunteered for two days parking campers in a poorly planted alfalfa field.

Though there were some newer acts like Lee Bryce, Kip Moore, etc. (don't ask me what they sing) we liked the older bands WAY better. My favorite was Sawyer Brown followed closely by Neal McCoy. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band could have done way better but were only so-so. For their age the Bellemy Brothers did alright.

So even though not as old as, nor the same genre, we liked the old toons also.