Thread: It’s all good ….

It’s all good ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    That picture reminds me of a funny story.

Several years ago a new State Trooper moved into the area. He was originally from Boston and had the full blown "Boston accent". He and his wife were living near one of the local lakes. One morning he heads out to go on duty and finds that the garage door had been left open. A possum had gotten into his garage. He sees it and goes and gets his wife and tells her, "You need to come out here and look and this big rat. It's the biggest fucking rat I've ever seen!"

It took quite a while for him to live that one down and it was absolutely hilarious to hear him tell the story in that accent.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Ha! Deppity, I had a very similar experience years ago, also with a new, transplanted employee (from Utah). He came in all excited one day and was asking who he should contact to report discovering a "previously thought" extinct animal he found in his backyard. He swore he'd spotted some prehistoric creature digging in his yard and wanted the scientific community to be aware of his earth-shattering discovery. He was dead serious! It was before the days of cell phone cameras/Internet, etc, so I was asking him to describe it. He said he had pictures and he was going to hit the One-Hour photo place down the street to get the film developed. He was so worked up you'd have thought he'd discovered Jurassic Park! Again, this was before the days of Google. etc. and I had no set of Encyclopedias in my office, so I could only go by his description. He described it and noted he'd first spotted it digging in his flower bed. I thought he was describing a tortoise, but he said he knows what a damn turtle looks like!

He later brought the pics to me and looked all dejected. When he had the pics developed he was telling the young girl at the photo place about the dinosaur he'd discovered. She then informed him it's a frigging armadillo!

Their range (VERY common in Florida).

armadillomap1.jpg

armadillos.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

An armydiller is one of those animals that can sound like a Boone and Crocket buck. And always right behind you where you can’t see it.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Been there, done that a bazillion times P-hole!