.... but I have to admit, I learned a new word today.

I follow a website based on local issues, some political, but mostly things like where to find the best tacos in town, who can recommend a good mechanic, house painter, carpenter, electrician, dentist/doctor ... you get the idea. Well. I ran across this post yesterday.

REALLY FLORIDA? AND THIS IS ALLOWED? IT'S A JOKE RIGHT?

That's a direct (and complete) quote ... all caps included. It was NOT within the body of a thread, but was the opening post, so there is no context whatsoever.

I posted a response asking WTF she was talking about and was met with a nasty retort. Then someone (probably a friend) came to the OP's defense and called me a "pedant".

I thought maybe she misspelled pervert, but looked it up anyway. I suppose maybe I AM a pedant, but I still have no clue WTF she's talking about!

Edit: I just searched and found her Facebook page. Evidently she's a transplant from Massachusetts, so I have to assume it's politically related, judging by her other rants. Typical down here ... they leave some god-forsaken Liberal state, then move here only to complain about Florida not being like the place they left! I always wonder why they left their beloved state in the first place.?

pedant2.jpg