Thread: Thump, keep your head down

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Thump, keep your head down

Looks like you may be able to take your monthly shower outside in the next few days.
    Be sure and take the drain plug out so you don't flood the bathroom.
    Good Luck.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Yeah, just my dumb luck. I just spent 13K (out of pocket) for a new roof. I could'a waited a week and turned it into an insurance claim. Story of my life.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeah, just my dumb luck. I just spent 13K (out of pocket) for a new roof. I could'a waited a week and turned it into an insurance claim. Story of my life.
    If you could find a carrier to insure you in Florida! They’re fleeing the state as fast as farm workers!

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yessir. They’re in business to take money IN, but get their panties in a wad when they have to dole it OUT!

Actually, I received an email from Allstate a couple months ago that said they looked at satellite photos of my roof and if I don’t replace it, they’re not going to renew my policy (in August). I’ve been with them for 48 frigging years! They’ve covered all my cars (including company vehicles) and houses, without one missed/late payment or major claim. Bastards.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Satellite photos?

Good heavens! That's some impressive tech and some scary personal space intrusion at the same time no? Well hopefully your new roof takes the storm in stride buddy.

Stay safe,
    Will

Roofers around here are like vultures after any kind of storm that has almost any amount of hail. We, seriously, had two or threeroofers knock on our door, tell us many in our area had storm damage they didn’t know about (wink, wink) and they’d replace our roof at no cost to us, do all the communication with our insurance company, and have it done in three days. And they told us this all before they inspected our roof. I called my insurance guy and asked him why I shouldn’t take one of these guys up on it and he had his own adjuster come out and write it up. He even found a hail ding (wink wink) in my gutter and totalled it to cover my deductible. (I didn’t replace the gutters)

Its a racket!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!