Thread: CFB Week 4

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB Week 4

Wisconsin at Purdue: I'm wanting to call the upset here but like the blind man I just can't see it. Fickell and crew 31-28

NC State at Virginia: I'm still in the wait and see mode on State and the Cav's are at home. I'll go with the Pack 34-24

Oklahoma at Cincinnati: We'll find out a little about the Sooners this week on the road against a decent Bearcat team. Oklahoma 30-17

Tulsa at NIU: On paper NIU should win this comfortably but they don't play on paper so I'll take the Huskies 34-23

Florida State at Clemson: FSU might be a little overrated and it is at Clemson so I'm calling the upset here. Seminoles go down 28-26

Virginia Tech at Marshall: If this was at home I'd take Tech but it ain't and I ain't. Herd 31-27

Army at Syracuse: Very interesting matchup. If this was Air Force I'd pick them but I don't think the Cadets have the defense. Orange crush 35-21

Auburn at Texas A&M: Auburn will make it interesting but the Aggies win it 27-20. On a side note; Maybe both Petrino and Jimbo will have an offensive lineman step on their face

Rutgers at Michigan: Rutgers can score a little bit and Michigan plays a little defense. Close for a while but the Wolverines pull away late 36-20

Colorado at Oregon: The self proclaimed best coach in college football takes it on the chin but makes it close. Quackers 40-31

Ole Miss at Alabama: The Lane Train derails in Tuscaloosa. Bama 29-28

Texas Tech at West Virginia: Home field helps WVU keep it close but not close enough. Red Raiders 41-28

Oklahoma State at Iowa State: Two teams that looked pathetic last week. First one to ten wins. Cyclones 10-9

Oregon State at Washington State: State wins a close one 34-33. The Beavers that is.

Arkansas at LSU: Arkansas scores late to make the score 38-10 then LSU scores three touchdowns in 5 minutes to win it 59-10. Sam Tittman takes blame again and cracks a cobeer.

Iowa at Penn State: Sorry Hidey-ho Penn st 38-16

Mississippi State at South Carolina: I really couldn't care less. Cocks 35-31

Ohio State at Notre Dame: The powers that be have to protect State so look for a late pass interference call (or three) to go against the Irish and give the Buckeyes a 38-34 win

Texas at Baylor: Based on the way Baylor has played thus far all the texas players may be in a Waco jail Saturday night for crimes against nature. Horns 42-20

North Carolina at Pitt: Tarholes 33-17

UCF at Kansas State: I'm calling the upset here, Gus and the Ka-nights win it 31-28
    Last edited by quercus alba; 09-20-2023 at 01:50 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Purdue hasn't beaten Wisconsin in the last 16 tries and their last win was 20 years ago. Don't see that changing this year either after the performance against Syracuse.

I couldn't stand Deion Sanders when he was a player and that's not changed now that he's coaching.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Virginia is terrible and our transfer QB came from there. So, who knows?

I fear you’re right abut Tech and the Thundering Herd. If so, the wheels may come completely off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Kiffin must be licking his chops. He won’t catch Satan with his britches down very oftenlike this.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The LSU game is the pivotal game of Arkansas's season. If Arkansas gets blown out (which I think will happen) then the hogs only have one game left on the schedule that's winnable. I have ZERO confidence in Sam Tittman and this staff to put together a game plan or make in game adjustments.

Blow out city bring on the hoops
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Virginia is either the best 0-4 team in the BCS or it’s going to be a long season for my Wolfpack. I’ll take the W. But, this team is going to have to figure out it’s offense. Soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It feels really strange today with BYU, UCF, Houston, and Cincy all making their B12 debuts. I guess I’d better start figuring out the Big 12 championship deal this year. Two divisions? Round robin? FIIK. It’ll be interesting to say the least.

We drove 7 long hours through the ozarks to Perryville, Mo yesterday for a family wedding this weekend. cool little town near Big Muddy (the river, not the cowbell ringin Bulldog).

BKB

And congrats CD on the Pack’s conf opener!
    Viva Renaldo!

I didn't see the play but to call a 15 yd illegal jumping penalty on a blocked field goal on the last play of the game is ridiculous. Five yds penalty max.

Cavs got jobbed
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Michigan over Rutgers, 31/7. Rutgers scored first but then quit playing.
    Home Coming, Middle son, DIL & Granddaughter were there, beautiful day for football.
    Last edited by jb; 09-23-2023 at 03:56 PM.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me