Thread: CFB Week 9

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB Week 9

Syracuse @ Virginia Tech: I don't think I've picked a tech game right in three years. Orange 27-24

Purdue @ Nebraska: Somebody has to win so I'm voting Bugeaters at home 24-20

Pitt @ Notre Dame: Like shooting fish in a barrel, Irish by twenty 34-14

Georgia vs. Florida: No Brock Bowers and in the swamp, this one is ripe for an upset......Naw close but no seegar Dawgs 30-23

BYU @ Texas: No Ewers makes this one tougher but the Horns still hook em 28-17

Cincinnati @ Oklahoma State: After a slow start the Cowboys have been bowing up on folks recently. The trend continues Okey Dokey 33-21

Houston @ Kansas State: Houston is playing pretty good but I'm going to go with the Mildcats in a close one......35-31

Iowa State @ Baylor: This might actually be a pretty good game. Cyclones 27-23

Oklahoma @ Kansas: Oklahoma shakes off last weeks doldrums and spanks the Jhawks. 40-29

West Virginia @ UCF: The Knights are a different team with Plumblee at QB. I'm Picking UFC 31-28

North Carolina @ Georgia Tech: The Tarholes looked like crap last week, look for Tech to keep it close. Old green-teeth and crew wreck tech 31-21

Marshall @ Coastal Carolina: Two good, well coached evenly matched teams. I like the home team Chanticleers 27-20

Old Dominion @ James Madison: another two good, well coached evenly matched teams. Gotta root for any team called The Dukes, JMU 33-24

Virginia @ Miami (FL): Cavs shot their wad last week against the Tarholes. The Canes at home win big 38-16

Florida State @ Wake Forest: The Deacons just don't have enough horses, FSU 37-17

Indiana @ Penn State: Franklin lead teams like to beat up on the grade school kids, not so much on highschoolers. Lions big 34-10

Maryland @ Northwestern: Terps in a shootout 31-30

Michigan State @ Minnesota: I hate gophers, the pocket kind and the golden kind both. Minniehaha 12-9

Mississippi State @ Auburn: State beats the War eagles/tigers in a close one. 10-9

Ohio State @ Wisconsin: Close for a little while but the Buckeyes pull away late 29-14

South Carolina @ Texas A&M: I hope rattler throws for 800 yards and 12 TD's but he won't Faggies 34-20

Duke @ Louisville: Interesting matchup, I think Dook squeaks one out 21-20

Tennessee @ Kentucky: Neither team has impressed me much, I'm gonna go with the Vols 27-20

Vanderbilt @ Ole Miss: Ha. Rebel/Black bear/Landsharks by a bunch. 51-17

Colorado @ UCLA: The only regret I have here is that UCLA can't peat Prime twice saturday. Bruins 34-28

Oregon @ Utah: Turns out that beating USC ain't no big deal. I think the Ducks have the better team and win 30-21

Oregon State @ Arizona: Hard not to like any team with the word beaver in their name. Ostate 36-21

USC @ California: Trojans get back on track against the hapless bears; USC 44-26

Washington @ Stanford: Huskies 41-13

Washington State @ Arizona State: I'm gonna say Scum-devils 27-24

Clemson @ NC State: Sorry Hank I just haven't seen enough offense out of the Pack. I'm going with Clempson 20-16.

Arkansas @ Bye Week: Sam Pittman's job is safe for another year as the Hawgs pull off a stunner beating Bye Week on the road 2-0
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-24-2023 at 02:07 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    That’s a lot of games this week, QA. But not many (including NS State and Va Tech) that hold much interest for me. I’d go hunting Saturday but I think it’s supposed to be 80 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

QA will have to stay up past his bedtime to watch that Oregon-Utah game.
    Duke-L’ville looks sporty
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I think Louisville is going to pimp slap Dook into next week.

I appreciate you picking The Orange.

Is that like being corso’d?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

What do y’all think about this Michigan/Harbaugh cheating scandal? Its sounding like a pretty overt and bold disregard of the rules. He must think he’s untouchable?
    What will Michigan do? What will the B1G do? The way Michigan’s season is going, there are major bucks at stake and at the same time a pretty large ethical conundrum. (a topic for another day, but there really can never be an ethical conundrum). I don’t have a dog in the fight but I can’t see how they can be allowed to play in the CFP this year if the allegations are true. Recall 2005 with Reggie Bush and USC, allegations were known going into the championship and both the Heisman and Nat’l Championship had to be rescinded. NCAA gonna take the risk that could happen with their newly minted playoff system?
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Albert Einstein

Personally I think the whole concept of punishment for this is ludicrous. I can scout a team, I can watch video of their games but I can't try to figure out their signals? What's the difference between a defensive coordinator sitting in the booth with all these printouts with notes of the different formations from the opponent and calling down and saying, "watch a qb draw here, or they like to run a fade route on 2nd and short"? It's part of the game just like stealing the catchers signs.

If you're too dumb to be creative with your signs and confuse the opponent then you deserve to lose. It might be different if they were hacking into a database and getting them but that's not the case.
    Albert Einstein

I don’t disagree. But, there is a rule against it. From what I’ve been hearing, everybody pretty much ignored the rule but MI took it to an extreme. I suspect they’ll delay the investigation as much as they can so nothing happens this season. Pretty sure Harbaugh is headed to the NFL along with a record number of his players anyway.

Where is Harbaugh rumored to go? da Bears? That’s Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams next job or haven’t you heard?

My Sooners fell off the schooner today. Hats off to Kansas. The old big 12 North is pretty strong these days, good to see. I have long thought a MOKA (Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas) conference or pod whatever would be very strong.
    OU shot themselves in the foot a few times today. Starting the game with a House call wasn’t the best way to begin. Three straight PF penalties on a KU scoring drive were infuriating. They just didn’t play good enough to win.
    Bedlam next week is going to be something else. The last one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Wolfpack!

Are they calling for Dabo’s head down there yet Vince?

There's some disgruntlement because some of the delusional fringe think Clemson is supposed to win a Championship every year just like Bama fans but by and large his seat is nowhere near hot yet.
    Albert Einstein

I mostly hear criticism about his approach to NIL and the transfer portal.

I have a strong suspicion that is going to change maybe not this coming year but certainly the year after. Saban was forced to upgrade his offensive philosophy in order to complete and Dabo will have to as well or he’ll be gone. College sports only remember what you’ve done lately
    Albert Einstein

True enough. Hubris will bite you in the butt almost every time. So, I hope he adjusts. T OU ugh match up with Notre Dame next I think.

He’s a good ball coach, I hope they keep him a long time. I like to give him shit, but we really do needmore like him.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!