Thread: WWJD? ...... (What Would Jim Do?)

WWJD? ...... (What Would Jim Do?)

Or, I should say What Would You Do? Earlier this week I received a text saying my packages have left the warehouse and it gave me a FedEx tracking number. HUH? We haven't ordered anything we haven't already received. I checked the order and found we had TWO Visio Smart TV's on the way ... ordered from Sam's Club! WTF? I immediately checked my AmEx account and found a $400 (can't remember the amount actually) charge to Sam's Club.

I called Sam's and was informed they'd shipped and there was nothing I could do about it, I "ordered" them, they're shipped and they're mine"! Well, fuck you very much! I then called AmEx to report the fraud and they cancelled my AmEx card, over-nighted a replacement and removed the charges from my bill. I then tried calling FedEx to report the fraud and ask them to stop the delivery, but after a half-dozen calls, found there is absolutely no way to talk to a human being ... I just got caught up in a loop that did nothing but continue sending me back to where I started .... all recorded messages. I finally hollered F-YOU! at my p/c screen and gave up. Well, about 30-mins ago, I ended up with two smart tv's on my front porch! Didn't even have to sign for them. It makes no sense and the only thing I can think of is somebody scammed my credit card info (Lynn's actually), ordered the tv's but either forgot ... or couldn't (?) change the delivery address on my Sam's Club account. (Amateur scammer?)

Well, I followed the tracking info thinking maybe some porch pirate might be hanging around the neighborhood awaiting delivery, then grab the things as soon as the truck pulls off. BUT ... there have been no unidentifiable cars/people around. (we live in a small, close-knit community, one way in, one way out, AND I'm on a cul-de-sac). None of this makes sense.

So, the question is ... since Sam's essentially told me, "I bought 'em, I own 'em" ... should I do the dishonest thing and return them for a refund? I don't need them and don't want them. Remember, AmEx removed the charges from my account. I guess I would then become a fraudster, but I also feel I went above and beyond in my efforts to stop this mess before it went too far and was basically told to pound sand. I just wish I weren't so honest, then the thought of returning them to Sam's for a refund wouldn't bother me in the least. But it does. I don't want to know what Jesus would do (I "think" I know already) ... what would YOU dufebutts do?

Edit: FedEx did not ask for a signature and didn't even take a pic of the delivery. Lynn happened to be taking some trash to the can when the driver dropped them off and they spoke, so that may be why he didn't take a pic (which I thought they always did).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    A conundrum for sure.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Ask FedEx to return them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Give them Bucky's name and address and tell them Jim Kribbs changed his name and moved to Arkieland
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Not a bad idea Q/A.

CD, there’s a Sam’s Club like 5-10 mins from my house. I’m going to return them and have them credit the cost back to my AmEx, then AmEx can handle it as they see fit. Who knows? Maybe they’ll just let it slide and I’ll come out ahead on the deal.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Just be sure Amex really has permanently credited it back and not just done it temporarily while they investigate. The one time I had something like this happen, they put the charge back on my card after talking to the merchant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Jim’s the only house in town where the cats have their own tvs.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha ha ha! The plot thickens. We were out of town all day, but at lunch (in Orlando), I received a message that said my tv's have been delivered. Well duh, yeah, I got them yesterday. But, I looked at the tracking info, and two identical tv's were delivered to frigging Miami! I googled the address and it's some freight forwarding company next to Miami International Airport. The weird part is, I have no idea how they were paid for. They don't show up on my AmEx account (only the two I actually received are showing, which AmEx has put a hold on while they do their fraud investigation). We cancelled Lynn's card the same day this crap started and they've already overnighted her replacement, which we have now. I have to assume all four of these things were ordered at the same time, but two shipped to me and it appears two shipped to Miami. But why was I only charged for two? Evidently these scammers are sharper than I first gave them credit for. They've obviously figured out some sort of work-around, although I have no clue how it works. Sam's Club is sending me a couple of shipping labels and will pick up the two I received, but the scammers get to keep their "freebies" it appears. Man-o-man, what a frigging mess.

Sounds like an inside job to me.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha ha ha! It'll never end I guess. I received a message from Sam's Club about an hour ago that they've shipped my two tv's! ANOTHER order. That's SIX tv's now. I called Sam's Customer Service (was on hold for 1hr 13mins) and told them if they don't get a handle on this shit, some asshole scammer is going to keep ordering shit until the frigging warehouse is empty! They said their risk management team will contact me in 48-72 hours! WTF??? Their fraud department is on their toes! Why not go down there, intercept the orders (tracking shows exactly where the FedEx truck is and when delivery is made), then recover their shit and bust the MF'er who's doing this? Who cares? It's a write-off and they'll just raise their prices to cover this crap. Corporate America baffles me at times.

We had this another time and the F'ers were ordering high-end dog grooming equipment. Same deal, sent to a freight forwarding company in Miami. They ordered $2400 bucks worth of stuff (same method, three different orders). Every time I reported it, they'd say the product was shipped, so there's nothing they can do about it. WTF? Send some a-hole wannabe down there to retrieve the order when it's delivered.

The easiest bust in the world would have been when some a-hole ordered $400 worth of groceries on Walmart.com and they had the shit scheduled for pick-up. Walmart gave them a pick-up time and all they had to do was park in the pick-up area and an employee will bring it out to their car for them. What is so fucking difficult about having an LEO sitting there when they show up to pick up the order and arrest their thieving ass? There's no end to this bullshit because nobody cares to stop it. It's like these worthless assholes who walk into stores these days, load up a shopping cart with meat, roll it right out to their car, throw it all in the trunk and drive off. SHOOT the fuckers and after a few are stuck in a hole and covered with dirt, the next scumbag might think twice about it.

GRRRR! I should just quit wasting my time with this shit and tell them to fuck themselves. They make it so easy, they deserve to be ripped off!