Thread: Hope you Sooner dudes don't mind.....

Hope you Sooner dudes don't mind.....

"Sources" say we have a new HC.....hopefully, the money kinks can be worked out in the contract with your OC Leeby, and his Sooner connections with Zac Selmon, our new AD will certainly be beneficial, too.
    Can we have your QB, four offensive linemen, two linebackers, and four deep backs, too ???
    Awww hell, just send the whole day'um Sooner team over here with Leeby, since ya'll will be in the SEC next year anyday'umway !!!!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-26-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Edward just hope he doesn't hire his brother in law Kendal Briles as his OC
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

QA, we need a good house-cleaning, and if Briles is a part of that, so be it.....our current OC staff has no offensive imagination, whatsoever.....they seem to be satisfied with a run left, run right, pass, then punt.
    Will Rogers is probably one of the most well-liked Christian guys you could ever meet, and he fit like a glove with Mike Leach's air raid offense, but he is a one-dimensional passing QB, and about as mobile as a turtle, laying upside down on top of a fence post.....his massive number of those little short 5 yard passes is how he set all of the passing records.....(my grandson attended a nearby high school, and practiced against Will, when he played at Brandon High, so........)
    I sincerely hope all the best for Will, and that he finds a team and a HC who will pick him up from the transfer portal.
    IMHO, any SEC team is screwed from the git-go, if they don't have a dual-threat QB, nowadays.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-26-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    With the transfer portal, all of that is possible. (With the right NIL deal…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    With the transfer portal, all of that is possible. (With the right NIL deal…)
    Put me down for a $5 dollar NIL contribution.
    Southern Gentleman

You never really know how a Coordinator is going to do in the top job, but Lebby definitely knows how to recruit, scheme, and use the portal to his advantage thouh. I’d say one of obvious weaknesses is on the defensive side of the ball and a lot of his success will dependon who/howwell he hires his DC.
    I liked him at OU while a lot of OU fans hollered about his play calling. But fans seem to forget that in a offense that runs a ton of RPO, the qB makes as many decisions as the OCabout who gets the ball. And probably Lebby’s biggest weakness with fans is his connection to his father in law. It came up a lot with fans and beat writers whenever things didn’t go as planned. So get ready for people who know nothing about how badly Baylor handled that whole deal. Art Briles is finished, largely not because he is guilty of anything, but mainlg because of how Ken Starr and Baylor handled things. Lebby was definitely not involved with any of it. So just be ready. Heck, Briles visited his grandkids on the field after an OU victory and the way the Karens reacted you’d have thought he’d sung Eyes of texas on the loudspeaker or something.
    Best of luck with him. He’s got the skills and experience.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Based on my Twitter feed this morning, the transfer portal anarchy is already hitting.

Plus, Elko from Duke to Tejas A&M. He did a good job of turning Duke around. But, I don’t suspect the Aggie faithful consider this an up market move from Jimbo.

Recognize these two guys? Supposedly taken in Starkville this afternoon.
    BKB

IMG_2227.jpg

(full disclusure, its an old pic from ol missI think. folksare falling out over it.)
    Viva Renaldo!

I hear Manning is likely headed for the portal just the same.

I watched Coach Leeby's video, as he was welcomed to Starkvegas by our AD.....all I can say is I was totally impressed by his intellect and the goals he has set forth.....I was impressed by Mike Leach, when he arrived here, too, however, Coach Leeby was much more direct and focused.
    I've got a good feeling about the direction of our program.
    Southern Gentleman

I have a feeling there’ll be an upgrade in qb recruits or in the portal soon. Best of luck to you Dogs and its good to see you post.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Hey don't forget about us, we've still got Sam Pittman. He's focused, he's got a plan he's uh um ............ confused

Never mind, Roll Tide in 2024.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    QA I hear it is likely that Bobby Petrino is going to be hired by the hogs as the new OC, you can’t make this stuff if it happens.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

QA, I heard the same thing about an hour ago on my SportsWire, so it must be true.
    Southern Gentleman

not sure how I feel about it myself but you can can earn a lot of forgiveness by winning. I may have to switch my loyalty to Old Miss
    Albert Einstein

Surely, you jest.....you meant to say MS State, didn't you???.....nobody likes Ole Piss, except Ole Piss people.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    not sure how I feel about it myself but you can can earn a lot of forgiveness by winning. I may have to switch my loyalty to Old Miss
    This Petrino move probably wouldn’t have happened before the xfer portal. Seems like programs can ignore a lot of stink on coaches with track records of developing and attracting great players. I read somewhere that before the Missouri state gig he’d produced an NFL QB at every stop in his coaching career. That’s a pretty big deal if your starting qb just published an instagram story titled ‘Last one’.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

You're throwing that term star qb around kind of loosely there. Sam and KJ were the problem. Sam was instrumental in getting KJ the bulk of the NIL money (KJ got more than the rest of the team combined) and then swaggered around like he was the queen of England. Caused a lot of hard feelings in the dressing room. He was Sam's boy and the rest of the team knew it. Big strong and dumb was all KJ has going for him. I was hoping that him and Rocket would be the first two in the portal. Rocket was "Supposedly" hurt and out for the season until Enos got fired then he made a miraculous recovery and started the next game. Dubinion was another of Sams boys, couldn't run couldn't block but got more playing time than better backs. Petrino will have KJ on the bench if he stays

This team needs an enema starting with the top and working it's way down. I've resigned myself to the fact that Arkansas will never be relevant in football again in my lifetime.
    Albert Einstein

Okay, change star to starting.

Fixed!
    Viva Renaldo!

Looks like KJ is hitting the transfer portal so you won’t have him to worry about.

I don't know that we can do any better than KJ but at least we can do different. He's a good kid that has given his best to Arkansas and I wish him much success wherever he goes.
    Albert Einstein

According to Matt Rhule, “Make no mistake: a good quarterback in the portal costs $1 million to $1.5 million to $2 million right now. So just so we’re on the same page, right? Let’s make sure we all understand what’s happening. There are some teams that have $6-7 million players playing for them.”

I don’t blame these kids at all. Most of them will never even sniff that kind of money for the rest of their lives. I do mourn that the rich will just get richer.

One thing the portal has probably done is put the final nail in thecoffin of the bowl system. First, they thought it was fine to skip the bowl so they wouldn’t risk injury before nfl tryouts. Now you can add those in the portal that’ll alsoskip the bowls.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ll agree with that. Purdue’s performance in last year’s Citrus Bowl was embarrassing. They got blown out by LSU and looked like they were a high school team at best. What a lot of people watching wouldn’t realize is that they were out their head coach and a few other coaches because of Brohm taking the job at Louisville plus several of their top players “opted out” because of their chance to be drafted and several others were going into the portal because of the coaching change and didn’t play.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."