Thread: CFB Week 14

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB Week 14

Liberty vs New Mexico State: It's good to see NMst have a good year but Liberty Biberty is too much for them. Aggies go down in Flames 33-20

Washington vs Oregon: I'm tired of hearing about the Micheal Penis show so I'm going with the Ducks by 10. Oregon 34-24

Texas vs Oklahoma State: Great run after a slow start for the cowboys but as bad as I hate it, they won't beat Texas. Horns 31-23

Toledo vs Miami (OH): Maxwell Klinger was from Toledo and that's good enough for me. Rockets 28-24

UNLV Boise State: Barry Odom may have found his niche, coaching at a smaller school. Running Rebs 35-24

Alabama vs Georgia: Georgia always seems to find a way and they're destined for a date with Michigan. Dawgs win a tight one 37-31

Troy vs Appalachian State: Mountain men are a hardy lot so it's hard to bet against them. App st does Jim Bridger proud 30-21

Tulane vs SMU: Could be one of the more entertaining fireworks displays of the season. I'm going with the Wave mainly because SMU foisted Chad Morass on us at Arkansas. 44-38

Iowa vs Michigan: Typical Big 10/14 game. Michigan 28-3

Florida State vs Louisville: Playoff picture gets easier for the committee as Louisville puts the chop on State's playoff hopes. 28-24
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ll be rooting for any outcome that keeps Bama, tOSU and Tejas out of the playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

DD, if that Wash - Oregon game last night is any indication, the B1G West division is gonna go through some pain! Where do your Boilermakers shake out in thenew alignment?
    Nebraska fans have to be needing meds about now. They may never be relevant again.

Besidesthe intrigue, that was a solid ball game. Hope te others are as good today. Pulling for Chaos. Okie state to win, Alabama to win, Iowa, and Louisville. Burn the effer down!

Let’s watch some foosball!
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Well, that’s gonna leave a skid mark in a few cowboy critches.

That was a turrible game all the way from the anthemto the loud splat.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Bama boutta throw a monkey wrench in the works. I’ve also got a feeling that Louisville is got a chance with their defense. When State played them it was something like 17-14 in one of the list physical football games I’ve ever watched.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The B1G is getting rid of the divisions starting next year. They worked out a schedule to integrate the new teams where they will play all of the existing teams at least once over the next three years. They are making sure that the teams are able to keep their current rivalry games each year in the future. So Purdue will play Illinois and Indiana each year since they have a trophy rivalry existing with both of them. Purdue’s schedule for 2024 in conference is Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Oregon, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, and Indiana, plus they play Indiana State, Notre Dame and Oregon State for their non-conference schedule.
    For 2025 it’s Ball State, Notre Dame and UConn non-conference and then Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Rutgers, USC, and Washington.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

What are y’all thinking for the play off? I’d say the three undefeated are in: Michigan, Washington and FSU. That’d leaves Texas, Bama and Georgia scrambling for the fourth slot. If the SEC gets shut out, Paul Finebaum may have an aneurysm.

Notsure how they can leave either oneout, but Texas is the most deserving based on what the criteria has always supposedly been.

And just areminder,OU beat two conference champions thisyear. But we just deserve a J6 bowl.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Well, Bama beat Georgia so that’s asked and answered. Plus, Texas beat Bama.

I’m sure there’ll be nothing to argue about when they go to 12 teams next year.

The Semenholes got screwed.
    The reasonong by the committee is just BCS Lite.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Sure enough did. I don’t think anyone is going to miss the current system.

Oh, there’ll be a committee. If you think that expanding to 12 teams will eliminate the committee fromputtingtheorfinger on the scale just in order to ‘selectthe best teams for us poor fans’ thenyou need to think again.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Trust me, my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

I figured.
    I knew there’d be blowback no matter what, but wow. I wonder if FSU is going to accept their bowl invitation.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

They shouldn’t. Every bowl eligible team in the ACC dropped to a lower bowl because of this too.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

CFB Week 14

Seems like almost half the players decide to opt out of the other bowl games anyway, so I don’t know why they even bothered to have them anymore.

They need to go to a type of seeding arrangement for the playoffs that includes overall record, head to head, matchups, strength of schedule, etc. That seems like that would be the most objective to get the actual best teams in as opposed to the subjectivity that comes with having a committee making the picks.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

There’s somevery serious money consequences of that decision aren’t there? Recruiting, NIL losses, donor losses. Somebody’s, prolly a lot of somebodies, gonna get sued.
    Posthole’s Postulate in full effect here.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

This, despite it being espn, is probably the best explanation of how much worse than just snubbing FSU that the whole whole cluster-eff was.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tate-snub-2023
    Viva Renaldo!

I'd like to see these NIL deal include a percentage of income being requisite of bowl game participation unless injured. It's gonna cost you to sit out

Just do away with any form of playoff system and go back to the bowl and conference alignment system and when the smoke clears let me choose the champ and the top ten
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-04-2023 at 10:03 AM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Players gonna need to get some sort of reward for playing in a bowl game or it’ll just get worse untilits over. Hooterville cams for all the bowls butthe playoffs. Of course, now that they rendered the regular season meaningless they’ll do the same for the bowl system.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Hey Muddy, just read Dillon Gabriel’s tweet saying g’bye to Oklahoma and he’s entering the portal. Hearing any rumorsthat he’s Lebby/MSU bound?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

You can have KJ while you're at it. I can see Lebby lifting the State program to consistently be equal to A&M and better on some years.

I can see the Hawgs consistently being equal to Vandy and some years worse
    Albert Einstein

They werealreadyahead of A&M in my mind. I think they’ll be ruling over Ol Piss depending on what they can do defensively. If they get Gabriel, the ceiling will be pretty high. Especially when you look at all the Christmas gifts in the xfer portal. (a couple of former five stars from A&M.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Hey Muddy, just read Dillon Gabriel’s tweet saying g’bye to Oklahoma and he’s entering the portal. Hearing any rumors that he’s Lebby/MSU bound?BKB
    Presently, all I'm hearing is crickets.
    Southern Gentleman

I'll be surprised If Gabriel doesn't end up in Eugene as a duck
    Albert Einstein