We left Spain last night and headed for the Azores (Portugal). The Captain said we have some rough seas ahead. Our cabin is on the port side, so after passing the Rock of Gibraltar, we went to our cabin and I parked my butt out on the balcony to watch as we passed Morocco (a couple hours). So, we transitioned from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic.

We eventually watched a movie and went to bed. Wow! Around 3:00-3:30 am (we’re 6 hours ahead, Eastern time) I was awakened as we hit some heavy seas! The bed is like a roller-coaster right now and I’m loving every second of it. I tried staying out on the balcony and hanging onto the railing, but I need full rain gear and was getting soaked even though we’re way up on deck 8! It’s like a typhoon out there and we’re hitting some monster waves and wind to go with it. I honestly don’t know if it’s raining, or is all salt spray, but this vessel is riding the huge swells like a bull at the county fair!

It’s 4:30 now and still going strong. Talk about major white caps! This right here is worth the price of admission, although I’d assume most passengers would disagree 👍