Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFB 2023 Bowl Edition

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB 2023 Bowl Edition

With all the coaches moving around and players entering the portal this is just a crapshoot.

LA Bowl: Boise State vs. UCLA: I gotta go with the homosexual blue bruins here 41-20

Independence Bowl: Texas Tech vs. Cal: This is being played in the Shreveport ghettos and I figured one or both teams will get jacked in the parking lot. Cal is used to getting jacked by their governor so they'll have less emotional trauma. Bears 27-24

Birmingham Bowl: Duke vs. Troy: Troy upsets the Elko-less Doofs 28-21

Armed Forces Bowl: James Madison vs. Air Force: Dukes get "boned" by the triple option. AF 24-17

Las Vegas Bowl: Northwestern vs. Utah: Mildcats over the Utes 21-16

Quick Lane Bowl: Bowling Green vs. Minnesota: I hate almost everything about minnihaha so they'll win just to spite me. Goofers 27-14

Guaranteed Rate Bowl: Kansas vs. UNLV: Jayhawks outrun the Rebs 44-24

Military Bowl: Tulane vs. Virginia Tech: Techs last chance to thwart me this year. Greenies 30-20

Duke’s Mayo Bowl: North Carolina vs. West Virginia: The odds of Maye playing for Carolina are about the same as Thump passing up a buffet for a salad bar. Mountaineers 34-26

Holiday Bowl: Louisville vs. USC: USC's QB is sitting out and even with Plummer Louisville doesn't have a QB. Condoms 29-23

Texas Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M: I wouldn't root for the Faggies if I was coaching them. Cowboys 27-24

Fenway Bowl: SMU vs. Boston College: I will never forgive SMU for pawning that loser Chad Morass off on us. BC 33-27

Pinstripe Bowl: Miami vs. Rutgers: I kinda like the Scarlet Knights, I kinda don't like Miami. Ka-nights 33-31

Pop-Tarts Bowl: NC State vs. Kansas State: Out of respect for Hank I'm travelling with the Pack. 27-16

Alamo Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Arizona: Without their archangel Gabriel this is gonna be tough for the Sooners. Zona 34-28

Gator Bowl: Clemson vs. Kentucky: SEC SEC. Clempson wins 28-24

Sun Bowl: Oregon State vs. Notre Dame: Everybody like a little beaver even Catholics, Oregon st wins a tight one 29-28

Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Memphis: I don't like Memphis but they have some good chicken joints. Cyclones fall 34-31

Cotton Bowl: Ohio State vs. Missouri: I think Missouri is better than advertised but not that good. Buckeyes 34-24

Peach Bowl: Penn State vs. Ole Miss: Old Miss just hasn't impressed me this Year. Penn st 28-20

Music City Bowl: Auburn vs. Maryland: SEC SEC. Terps win 16-14

Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. Georgia: If Jawja shows up they win by ten. 34-24

ReliaQuest Bowl: LSU vs. Wisconsin: I doubt Daniels plays and without him LSU is just a team with and average offense and no defense. Cheeseheads win it 28-26

Citrus Bowl: Iowa vs. Tennessee: Iowa holds Tennessee to two field goals. But only scores one. Vols 6-3

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Liberty: Without Nix the Ducks are mediocre. Liberty Biberty 27-24

Rose Bowl: Michigan vs. Alabama: I'm hoping for a BAMA/Texas rematch for all the marbles buuuuutttt Michigan is going to be a tough out. Bama goes down 33-27 and FSU cries foul. Again

Sugar Bowl: Washington vs Texas: The Horns are big and physical on defense and I think they can bother Penis enough to slip into the championship game. Texass 30-28
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    James Madison had their time in the spotlight. Their coach, Curt Cignetti, took the job at Indiana and is already putting out offers to some of JMU’s top recruits plus I’m sure several of the current players will follow him to IU in the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Wow. tOSU’s starting qb entered the portal late yesterday.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I literally have no idea what to expect from any of the games for the reasons listed. I don’t think the Wolfpack or Hokies have been hit too hard in critical roles by the portal. So, I’m cautiously optimistic…

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I was surprised to even see a Texas DB in the portal and they have a chance at a championship. WTAF?

And from the sounds of things, the CFP Committee may not be a done deal! Folks are angry.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Howard went into the portal so Avery Johnson will start. I actually think that helps Kstate but, we will see.

Ron DeSantis says he is setting aside $1M in the Florida state budget next year to finance a lawsuit against the Committee. Depending on how they handled liability insurance for that job, it could get quite expensive for folks in a hurry!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Not to be a gossip monger, but the Orange Bowl just cancelled their press conf tomorrow with Kirby Smart and Mike Norvell.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Not to be a gossip monger, but the Orange Bowl just cancelled their press conf tomorrow with Kirby Smart and Mike Norvell.

BKB
    That's interesting. Maybe they didn't want to hear two grown men bitching about missing the playoffs
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

They (the OB) scored big with the matchup they have. And they’ve never met a nickel they didn’t like.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Watching the FCS quarterfinals along with Army-Navy today. Some good football! And they didn’t select anybody. They every one played their way in.
    The Dakotas are well represented, and Montana. So far villanova is the only eastern school I see in the bracket.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Bowl season starts today. Hooterville cams are fully deployed. Watching the Myrtle Beach bowl. Its scintillating. Oddly, QA didn’t cover this one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Lots of folks think I'm odd, I've about got used to it
    Albert Einstein

Chandler Morris, TCU QB, sucked into the portal. That boy changes schools like his old man changes jobs.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

only difference is Chandler actually has a little talent.

TCU might be a perfect landing spot for KJ with Kendal Briles down there
    Albert Einstein

I have a tough time ginning up much interest for these pre-Christmas bowl games. Some of them turn out to be good games. But, usually being played in empty stadiums between teams I don’t know anything about. I’ve found myself starting to watch more college hoops.

We've really enjoyed watching our MS State women's basketball for the past several years. Last night's game against Colorado State was unbelievable.
    Ten 3 pointers is nearly impossible for anyone, but this tiny little gal did it inside of 35 minutes !!!
    This was on the news after the game:

"""MS State's, Park-Lane’s record-setting night saw her score 33 points in 35 minutes with 10-of-17 3-pointers made, and she became the school’s all-time leader in long range makes in a game."""
    Southern Gentleman

Watched the Armed Forces bowl. Air Force put a whoopin on ‘em! They actually had a decent crowd. Watching the SRS Distribution Las Vegas bowl. Which the name would be a good roadside sobriety test. Pretty good crowd there too!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Tech looked pretty good this afternoon and Carolina under Mac Brown continues to come up small in big games.

Rootin for the Oklie Doklies agin them aTm Aggies.
    I use the term ‘root’ rather loosely. If they’re wearing that baby aspirin shit head to toe I may not make the first half.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Starting to pregame early today…

Oughta be a ‘donnybrook’, as one old time sportswriter called a hard fought game. Winning five in a row at the end of the season is a hell of a lot harder than it is at the beginning.

Wow. A bowl at Fenway Park. Will it make me crave Panda Express?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

And dammit don’t forget the Sooners are playing tonight! I’m really excited to see this young freshman qb get his first official start. He has the potential to be an heir to a longline of gooduns.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Texas played their hearts out but another goal line stand got in their way. Great game!

DD, looks like Purdue is losing another stalwart player. DE Scourton in the portal and visiting OU this week. Sack leader in the B1G.

This portal business is hard to watch. Like a train wreck in slow motion.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

1st championship game that I won't watch

These schools are probably going to have have to become unionized employers of the players and put them under contract with a pay scale of some sort to get control of both the portal and the NIL.
    Albert Einstein

Yep, it looks like Purdue is on the losing end of the portal this year. They did pick up a OLB and a CB from Georgia but I’m not sure how they ranked or if they were contributors.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Who’s everybody like Monday? I’ll probably root for UW but my money is on the Wolverines.

Also, what happened to Dabo?

I hope they all get firehose diarrhea and NCAA commissioner Charlie Baker declares Alabama as the national Champion
    Albert Einstein

I’m going to root for the newcomer to the B1G. Can’t stand Michigan.

I’ve changed my mind and am rooting for the Commanders next coach.