Thread: Figure this one out ....

Figure this one out ....

There was a transvestite (or cross-dresser?) .. whatever, on-board our cruise. Kind of a Bruce Jenner type, but without the long hair and make-up. Regular guy's haircut, tastefully done (light) make-up, etc, but wore women's clothes. Actually, he/she/it was always very nicely dressed. Just looked like a nice, clean-cut dude in stylish, women's clothes. He was very friendly, talkative and well liked on-board, in fact, people were always inviting him to sit at their table during meals. I spoke with him ... ummm, her (?), several times. Much of his body language was very feminine, just looked like a woman in a man's body.

Here's where I get a bit confused. During the cruise, we normally eat dinner in the dining room and always have a reserved window table for two (I really don't like socializing while eating 'cause I'm an old curmudgeon these days). Anyway, there are MANY informal eateries aboard, including the massive buffet. There are also 4-5 "specialty restaurants" (with an upcharge) that have dress codes. The food is so good in the main dining room, I never could see the draw for specialty dining unless you're into the hoity-toity thing, but to each, his own.

We first started cruising in the 90's and the dress code was a bit more strict in the MDR (main dining room) in those days. Dress shoes/slacks and a long-sleeved dress shirt with tie and jacket. Most men wore suits and many went so far as to wear a tux. I hated it, because of the hassle of carrying a clothes bag (for my suit and Lynn's dress(es), especially when flying to a port, not to mention the fact my size 15 dress shoes took up half of a suitcase! Over the years, the dress code has been relaxed and these days, it's basically no shorts, no (distressed) jeans, no t-shirts/tank tops, etc, basically just long slacks and a dress shirt.

Now, the question I have after all of that gibberish is this: One night we were entering the MDR for dinner and an older gentleman in (nice) shorts was being turned away at the door. I really can't disagree with that, the dress code is the dress code. There are plenty of alternative eating venues. But shortly after being seated, in walks the "tranny" all decked out in a skirt, high heels and classy looking jewelry. He/she/it looked vey nice and classy, but something just seemed weird about it. I guess as long as you abide by the dress code, nothing else matters. I really don't have a problem with it, but the situation kind'a humored me a little when I thought about it. The guy who was turned away at the door for wearing shorts, could have been admitted if he were wearing a short skirt.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

The only thing I know about trannies is Dodge doesn’t make a very good one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The only thing I know about trannies is Dodge doesn’t make a very good one.

BKB
    Ha!

You should show up in a toga next time Thump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke