Thread: Deppity’s boilermakers

Deppity’s boilermakers

And not the old whiskey in your beer routine.

They’re kicking some booty in mbb and about to take on numero uno Arizona this weekend. They been ballin!

And ps, the Sooners picked up the Burks kid from Purdue. He got any chops?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ve got tickets to the Arizona game Saturday!

He’s a good receiver, not the fastest but has great hands and makes great plays. Hated to see him transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

And pss…we’re just now getting over that flippin chest cold we caught somewhere between here and Indiana. Three dad gum weeks of slinging snot and coughing and wheezing.
    It was a bad’un. But its almost gone now! Good riddance! I hatecolds!
    Viva Renaldo!

The Sooners are getting hit hardest in the portal on the offensive line, which has generally been considered a bulwark room that just produces. Just lost a five star true freshman that started seven games for us this year. Rumor has him going to Mizzou but I don’t think anyone really knows. What I do know is these are 18-19 year olds being offered tremendous opportunities. I can’t see anything wrong with that. And I think it’ll govern itself after it careens out of control for a while.
    BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Purdue is getting hit all over. I think there are 3 or 4 WR’s, a couple of RB’s, and a handful of offensive linemen in the portal pulse several DL’s and LB’s from the defensive side.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    The hogs don’t have anyone that other teams want so we’re stuck with the same no talent players we had last year.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Was listening to a podcast that is put on by a couple of active players where they were discussing the current stateof affairs with NiL and the portal. Basically, they say the biggest volume of players moving right now are guys right below the guaranteed start-every-game level that can easily command six figures NIL money in the portal. Thats because schools spend most of their NIL on elite players and not so much on the next level down. So it arbitrage, plain and simple. Both players in the discussion said the current model isn’t sustainable.
    But they both said modern college football is 100% a business for players and schools alike. I thought it was some of the more mature discussion I’ve seen on the topic.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Congrats on the big win, Deputy!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I was able to get tickets for the game and we had a group of 6 of us go down to Indy for it. I took my kids and my father-in-law and my sister and brother-in-law.

It was a great game. Two really good teams with different playing styles. The placed was packed and there were actually quite a few Arizona fans there.

I’d think that this win should put Purdue back at #1 since Kansas barely beat a mediocre Indiana team.

The game was at the arena where the Pacers play in downtown Indy and the Colts had a home game yesterday afternoon also, so downtown was one big tailgate party.

Your Sooners are looking good too. One of, I think, only three unbeaten teams left.