Thread: when I was young and in my prime

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

when I was young and in my prime

I used to love winter. It never got too cold or wet for me to get out and about but now I hate cold wet days with a passion. I've almost reached the point I'd be willing to live in Florida. One of my sons has offered to buy me a home if I'd move to Indiana to be closer to them but it's too cold there. If I never saw snow again except on television I could die a happy man. Upper 70's and low 80's are my thing now
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

There’s a cold wave coming through here right now. Sunny, but only 68-degrees. 😩

I still like all the seasons. Winter least of all all, but that’s only because of how many grey days there are not the temp. Maybe youneed to work on your fat layer.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I'm with BBP on this one, I still prefer seasons. I prefer weather that compliments an activity. I don't want to go hunting in 70 degree weather, and I don't want to go fishing in 30s.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    My favorite winter sport is fireplace watching. Homestead television. 😊

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I'm starting to lean that way a bit too.

After last year's near record snowfall amount, I was ready for a break from Old Man Winter which we have, for the most part, gotten so far this year. Not much for snow and the first evening of below zero temp is slated for Thursday evening, so not so bad. They are forecasting highs of below zero over the weekend and I have to admit, I'm really not looking forward to it. Oh well, I guess it is finally time to dig out the winter coat.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Yeah the long term forecast has us getting a proper dose of it next week. I like pulling out my REAL winter coat tho. Filson double mac in red/black buffalo plaid. Bought it in '99 when headed to Wisconsin. Brings back good memories. 😊

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Lived in an area of 4 seasons for about 80 years now, enjoy every season. Many years ago we went to FLA for a two to three weeks around the end of Jan. first of Feb. Took us about 5 years to figure it just wasn't worth it. Hated the trip, to damn many Snowbirds, terrible traffic, long lines at the Restaurants and were long past the beach scene.
    Right now I say "just let it snow" very beautiful looking out the window at it, both wife and I drive AWD SUV's so getting around is pretty easy.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Ha ha ha! JB, when you came down, you WERE one of those snowbirds! Yep, I hate it too. My usual 20-25 minute drive across town becomes an hour drive. We know the local restaurants and businesses to avoid during snowbird season as well as back streets to get where we’re going. BUT, if we head to Tampa or Orlando, we get sucked into waiting for 2-3 light cycles just to get through an intersection. It’s a bitch, but good for the economy I guess.

I’ve spent most of my life dreading October (start of snowbird season) and praying for Easter to arrive (end of season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I like having the 4 seasons too. I'm not a big fan of the most recent winters though. I'd rather it get cold in late November, and stay cold until March. Not the super cold temps, but I don't mind them, but just cold enough that the snow stays for the winter. I hate having snow one day, then it all melts and everything is muddy, dull and just drab brown colored, then a week later it snows again and the cycle repeats.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."