Thread: Hey P-hole ... and anyone else interested

Hey P-hole ... and anyone else interested

I'm not a "disbeliever", but I'm also not one to follow or chase down reports of UFO's. I kind of go with the "yeah, I'm sure there well could be and there's a good chance they are out there" crowd. A new documentary was released today and will consist of three parts ... the first released today, the next tomorrow and the final one on Friday. I just finished watching the first episode a few minutes ago. I'll be totally honest, I had three hours sleep last night and no nap today, so I'll admit to dozing a couple of times, but it did pique my interest enough to have me looking forward to tomorrow's release and I'll probably watch the whole series.

It's free on Tubi so you can watch it on your phone, computer or smart tv. Go to Tubi and search for TMZ Presents: UFO Revolution

Here's the trailer ....

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Color me skeptic at best. I'm not gonna say it's totally out of the realm of possibility but you'd probably get better odds on catching Trump and Pelosi shagging in a sleazy motel room.

Having said that I love me some scifi
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

The Universe is a mighty big place. Or so they say. I see no reason to think we’re the only biology experiment in the whole place.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The more I look around me these days, I’m thinking we may actually be a FAILED experiment. 🙄

UFOs aside, I would like to understand how stoneage humans built monolithic, astronomically accurate structures with basic tools and virtually no math.

I think if we could answer that, it might put to rest a lot of UFO questions too. Not that I believe most any of the von daniken type theories out there. But the questions haven’t been logically answered in any otherway either.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    UFOs aside, I would like to understand how stoneage humans built monolithic, astronomically accurate structures with basic tools and virtually no math.

I think if we could answer that, it might put to rest a lot of UFO questions too. Not that I believe most any of the von daniken type theories out there. But the questions haven’t been logically answered in any otherway either.
    BKB
    It's interesting that they managed to do this on every continent as well. Whether you believe him or not Graham Hancock has an interesting theory as shown in the Netflix series Ancient Apocalypse.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Another amazing/beyond belief thing is the Incans built Machu Piccu with nary a sign of a written language. How do you instruct someone to build such a place using no mortar of any kind, depending only on grinding surfaces so flat that they adhere stronger? And they didn’t even have youtube!
    And its still effing here all these years later.
    I’ll check that series out.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    A bucket list dream trip of mine would be to visit all the old, strange sites like Machu Picchu, Gobekli Tepi, Easter Island, Nazca, Stonehenge, Cgantija, Teotihuacan, Puma Punku, Nan Madol and a bunch more. I've always been fascinated by ancient structures that we don't understand.

I’ve been to Teotihuacan. It is an amazing place that pre-dates the Aztecs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I could happily spend the rest of my life visiting these places. So much we don't understand.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    The Universe is a mighty big place. Or so they say. I see no reason to think we’re the only biology experiment in the whole place.

BKB
    This was almost verbatim what I was gonna say. Infinity is an awful big place to be thinking we’re at the top of the food chain.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I think all of the government is already a part of the Borg collective
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

DD I watched four episodes of Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix and loved the topics but just couldn’t stomach any more of the host. His constant ‘and that’s why mainstream archaeologists hate me’ schtick is just too much.

I do love shows like that though, Try ‘Civilizations’ on PBS some time. Its pretty good.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yeah, the host does seem to have a bit of a persecution complex but he does have an interesting theory on how the monolithic technology spread to multiple continents and seemed to have similar origin stories and symbolism.

I’ll have to check out the one you recommended.

I like Alice Roberts’ stuff. And she’s pretty easy on theeyes too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!