Well, I'm at the 3-day mark, and so far, still no pain. The past 3 days have been the ONLY days I've been pain-free in the past 15 years, so even if the pain comes back today, I'm happy! (I'd be MUCH happier if it does NOT come back of course).

I've never really paid a bit of attention to this sort of thing, but I'm becoming a believer. Lynn and I have both benefited greatly, but as stated above, it did nothing for our Chinese friend. TBH, he is in pretty poor health and has multiple, fairly major, medical and physical issues. I'm really not even sure I know what he was trying to have treated in China, so I'm not sure counting his experience as a total failure is fair or not. It's a bit fascinating in a way, but I'm only 3 days out from my first treatment, so I'm not sure what the future holds. Time will tell, but I'm happy, so far.

If any o'youse dufes have a related issue that you just haven't gotten relief with using traditional treatments, you may want to consider asking your doc. (heck, TBH, I have no idea what all can be helped with acupuncture) As Willie pointed out, it's been around a bazillion years, so there must be something to it ... but then again, so have witch doctors. quack medicine and faith healers, so whatever floats your boat I suppose. Just remember, I was a total sceptic, but I'm convinced there really is something to this goofy shit. YMMV

Now that I think of it, the VA approves of acupuncture and my treatments were actually performed at the VA Hospital here, so that should add some validity to this stuff. Lynn is on Medicare and Medicare covers her treatments, so again, I think that adds more validity to the acceptance in the modern world of medicine. I was hoping the VA would start backing Mary J. Hoochie as a valid treatment, but so far, they haven't jumped on-board.