… there may actually be something to this crazy shit! I’ve had back issues for almost 15 years. I went through 3-1/2 years of Percocet and morphine, but with the big addiction scares, the VA pulled me off of them. I’ve suffered all these years on nothing but X-Strength Tylenol or Aleve.

I recently had an (unrelated) appointment with my cardiologist and she noticed I was struggling. I mentioned the back pain and she asked if I’d be interested in trying acupuncture. I told her the whole acupuncture thing seems a little goofy to me, but I’d be willing to try it for shits & grins. She said she’ll set me up with an appointment in March.

Now, Lynn has had terrible lower back pain for a couple years now and is prescribed pain meds, but hates taking them. After we talked with my cardiologist, she decided to try acupuncture herself. We went in for her first treatment today, with a Filipino doctor.

Ok, the doc explained the procedure and told us it might work, it might work a little bit, it may not do a danged thing and it COULD even make her back pain WORSE (temporarily). Ha! Talk about covering your ass!

She’s scheduled for 5 sessions, one per week. He said there probably won’t be an immediate improvement, but after the 5th treatment, Lynn’s progress will be evaluated and a decision will be made whether to continue with treatments.

Heck, what do we have to lose? She’s been miserable. I’m not shitting you, we went to lunch afterwards, then returned home. She said she has ZERO pain and has been bouncing off the walls ever since we’ve been home! She’s been dancing around like a ballerina and kicking her legs so high in the air, she practically kicks the ceiling. SO FAR … it’s been an incredible result, but we’re being realistic and not getting overly excited as we have no idea how long this will last.

Ok, the pain was in her lower back and would travel into her left butt-cheek. When she would hit a certain position, she would actually scream out loud and practically drop to the floor in pain. At times, we’d be in bed asleep and she might roll over, hit a certain position and scream so loudly she’d have to peel me off the ceiling!

Anyway, for the chronic pain in her lower back which would travel to her left butt-cheek, the doc stuck 10 pins into the cartilage of her left ear. He left them in there for 10 minutes, then removed them. I think this might be an interesting journey and a true learning experience. I may end up becoming a believer by time my appointment time arrives.