Since tv is being discussed, several years ago I installed an 80 ft. antenna in the side yard for tv and internet services(we live in the boondocks).....the tv reception began to suck, so we switched to Dish, which is really good, but sort of expensive.....recently the internet service began to suck, too, and our local provider said the trees sounding our homestead were too tall, and would require me to install a new 120 ft. antenna at a cost of $5K, including labor....ha, not NO, but Hell NO !!!
About a month later, I received a flyer in the mail from T-Mobile's internet service.....I almost threw it away, but thought I'd go by their local store and inquire, especially since they had just installed a gigantic tower about three clicks, due north of our house.....so, long story short, they offered me a 14 day trial period with a small antenna, less than the size of a football, which sits on my computer desk.....recently, we've been thru 45 mph windstorms, near zero temps, rain, snow, ice, hail, etc, and we have not lost a signal.....we love it !!!
It has a built-in router, and is only $50 bucks per month with a written forever price lock guarantee !!!