Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

Are we still boycotting the NFL, those ungrateful, incredibly rich spoiled brat capitalists, or is it okay to watch now?

All that, just to say that that performance by the Cowboys was disappointing to say the least. I’m not sure how you come out flat in front of the home crowd with e erything on the line, but they managed it.

Tonight, two ex-Sooner QBs go at it. I’m pulling for Bake and the Bucs, but it’ll be a tough hill to climb. I was stationed in Tampa when the Bucs first started and rooted for them through 0-22. I think they were still in that losing streak when I left. Then got one game from going to the SB the next year.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    I was pretty disappointed in a playoff game being moved to Peacock. Chiefs played better than I expected, still don't see them making the SB, but hopes still alive. Looked them up yesterday and nose bleed SB tickets are $10k.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I’ve had Peacock for several years because that was the only way for me to watch a lot of the Indy car races. Now they have a contract with the Big Ten and are covering quite a few football and basketball games and I’ve seen nothing but complaints about it. I never watched enough TV to justify paying for satellite and cable isn’t an option where I live so I stream. Even with the recent price increases it’s still cheaper than satellite would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

We didn’t get to watch it because we don’t have Peacock either. Streaming is changing everything about sports broadcasting. Since we cut the cord we’ve been able to stream most everything we wanted to watch. It can be an inconvenience but I think streaming is a necessary next step to whatever the model is going to be. IMO, its necessary because monopolistic cable and broadcast companies with their blackout rules have made it almost impossible to follow a team out of the region you live in, whether its baseball, pro football, or basketball. College football is simply lead around by its nose by ESPN and Fox, really the only two big carriers in the recent past.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

And its a strange year in the NFL. Strong teams like the Rams, Cowboys, Eagles, and Chiefs (Chieves) have been mailing it in in crucial games this past month or so. Those Niners might be the team peaking right now, but who knows?

And I’m not a prude but sports is leaning way too much towards betting for my taste. And I don’t have a thing against gambling. Except how seedy and cheesy it looks on their ads. Maybe I am a prude.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    We have instacart that we use for rental house deliveries. They had a promo for free peacock so we were able to watch

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I agree. Itwas always frustrating for me to not be able to see all of the marquee games that were featured on ESPN.

I’ve got Prime, Netflix, Peacock, and Hulu and it’s still cheaper than a basic satellite subscription. I also have a 40’ antenna tower so I get 30+ channels over the air for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

And does Buffalo really make their fans shovel all the snow out of their stadium?
    BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Since tv is being discussed, several years ago I installed an 80 ft. antenna in the side yard for tv and internet services(we live in the boondocks).....the tv reception began to suck, so we switched to Dish, which is really good, but sort of expensive.....recently the internet service began to suck, too, and our local provider said the trees sounding our homestead were too tall, and would require me to install a new 120 ft. antenna at a cost of $5K, including labor....ha, not NO, but Hell NO !!!
    About a month later, I received a flyer in the mail from T-Mobile's internet service.....I almost threw it away, but thought I'd go by their local store and inquire, especially since they had just installed a gigantic tower about three clicks, due north of our house.....so, long story short, they offered me a 14 day trial period with a small antenna, less than the size of a football, which sits on my computer desk.....recently, we've been thru 45 mph windstorms, near zero temps, rain, snow, ice, hail, etc, and we have not lost a signal.....we love it !!!
    It has a built-in router, and is only $50 bucks per month with a written forever price lock guarantee !!!
    Southern Gentleman

We’re T-Mobile fans too. The only trick to their home internet is if you can get a good cell phone signal. We’re in the same boat as you and get 5 bars on our gateway. Up/Down load speeds have been generally great but have at times be alittle slow. I don’t recall ever buffering though with video or data. And its cheap!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!