Years ago, while working in Hollywood, my buddy and I went to lunch at a new "gourmet" burger place just down the street. They served nothing but hamburgers and the common sides like fries, onion rings, etc. When we walked in, there was a HUGE menu that took up a whole wall behind the counter. It listed every dang burger combination you could imagine. One caught my eye, the PB&J Burger! I made a goofy comment to my buddy and the guy behind the counter (who turned out to be the owner) overheard me. He then told me, if I try it and don't like it, he'll give me anything else on the menu at no charge. Hey, I had nothing to lose, so took him up on his offer. I'll admit, it was one of the best dang burgers I'd ever had and the place became a regular lunch spot after that. I always ordered the PB&J Burger and I think the only other options I ever tried were the PB&J Bacon Burger as well as the PB&J Bacon Cheeseburger! There were jelly options and my very first burger was with grape jelly, but after trying a few more, my favorite became a toss-up of grape or a red chili-apple jelly. My buddy's favorite was some sort of jalapeno jelly.

The old "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" adage sure stood up that day.