I have no issue with business travelers, I was one myself in my previous life. Where it gets irritating is on the misc. Facebook groups. That’s where the class system kicks in and the uppity-ups throw their opinions around. You have a VERY large group who are of the opinion their shit don’t stink and the “general public” is nothing but a group of low-class infidels.

I run into the same “I’m better than you” attitude on the F/B cruise groups. As an example, our favorite cruise line is Holland America. They have a “Mariner” program that’s basically the same as the frequent flyer programs with airlines. It’s a “star” system and we’re 3-star mariners. (The ratings run from 1-5 stars) We’ll probably die before making it to the 4-star level. 3-stars is 75 or more cruise days, but to make 4-stars, it takes 200 or more cruise days and the 5-star mariners get their status with 500 or more cruise days. I’ll never see that in my life time.

But, you get on these F/B groups and the mucky-muck 4-5 star mariners look down their noses at the lowly commoners with the lower ratings. Facebook seems to bring out the worst in people sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk