Thread: Sitting in the Sky Club havin breakfast …

Sitting in the Sky Club havin breakfast …

… ‘bout to catch a flight to Los Angeles for a couple weeks of R&R. Youse dufes be good! (Like that’s even possible).
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Anybody else wondering what Thump’s slackass could possibly need a vacation from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I was wondering the same thing CD.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    This is the question of the day. Vacationing from vacation?

I’mworried about all those cats.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Bunch’a deplorables. 🙄

Those Sky Club elites are the ones who have participation trophies and such.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha ha ha! Don’t you know it?! Yeah, all the clubs are that way. Each has its own FB site(s) where they brag about their status, etc. If course, you know me, I have to stir the pot occasionally and point out the fact 99.9% of these “better than thou” dip-shits only have the status they’ve attained because they are business travelers and those points aren’t paid for out of THEIR pockets.

Everyday working/retired stiffs who travel for pleasure, WHEN they can scrape up the time/money, should be the ones to be respected. The “elites” seem to acquire an entitled attitude and have their noses in the clouds, all the while, riding on the company dime.

I was a business traveler years ago. It sucked then because the points went to whomever paid for the tickets (company), instead of the actual traveler listed on the ticket. I may be wrong, but I believe there was an option where the company could designate whether the points went to the purchaser or the traveler (a nice employee perk), but my boss sucked and was swimming in points since half the company were business travelers and he pocketed the points.

My son travels for business and hasn’t had to pay for a plane ticket, hotel or rental car on a personal pleasure trip for years, due to the points he accumulates. Luckily, he appreciates the perk and doesn’t let it go to his head like the dufes on the various FB groups bragging about their status and bitching about the lower status peons crowding “their” clubs.

That said, our entry is due only as a perk from being an AmEx Platinum card member (have been for 40 years). I’m one of those people the elite shitheads love to bitch about and I have a patented shithead grin I give them when they mistake me for one of their fellow elitist snobs.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I dunno Thump. A guy who sells his business and retires early to split his time between Florida and LA sounds pretty elitist to me. A “coastal elitist”, even.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Next thing you know they'll be Biden signs in his yard and he'll quit associating with us like Ticboy.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

That Thumper is one woke m….shut yo mouth! (to the tune of Shaft)
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Next thing you know they'll be Biden signs in his yard and he'll quit associating with us like Ticboy.
    You always have a special place in my heart <3

Sitting in the Sky Club havin breakfast …

You found his weak spot Q/A! Heck, it took a month for a heartfelt birthday wish to drag him out of the Facebook abyss! And you did it in a matter of minutes!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My B-I-L is a bigshot for Coca-Cola and has a ton of points built up from business travel. We've vacationed with them in the past and he's tried to work the trip around when he can use the most points even though it's more expensive for everyone else travelling with them.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I probably fall into the business traveler category (and wish I didn't). Yes, someone else does pay for the travel, but I pay in time away from home. I suppose that time away is ok for road-warriors, but I've gotten to where I don't enjoy it. To me the payback is lounges, first class upgrades, room upgrades, and some free travel with family at the end of the year.

I have no issue with business travelers, I was one myself in my previous life. Where it gets irritating is on the misc. Facebook groups. That’s where the class system kicks in and the uppity-ups throw their opinions around. You have a VERY large group who are of the opinion their shit don’t stink and the “general public” is nothing but a group of low-class infidels.

I run into the same “I’m better than you” attitude on the F/B cruise groups. As an example, our favorite cruise line is Holland America. They have a “Mariner” program that’s basically the same as the frequent flyer programs with airlines. It’s a “star” system and we’re 3-star mariners. (The ratings run from 1-5 stars) We’ll probably die before making it to the 4-star level. 3-stars is 75 or more cruise days, but to make 4-stars, it takes 200 or more cruise days and the 5-star mariners get their status with 500 or more cruise days. I’ll never see that in my life time.

But, you get on these F/B groups and the mucky-muck 4-5 star mariners look down their noses at the lowly commoners with the lower ratings. Facebook seems to bring out the worst in people sometimes.

Completely separate subject, well not completely. Along the travel subject. Does anyone else not understand why the put non caffeinated coffee in hotel rooms? This seems like it would be an upon request thing, and it jips me out of an extra cup of coffee in the morning.