Thread: Any o’youse dufes been in Facebook jail?

Any o’youse dufes been in Facebook jail?

I’ll admit, I generally don’t do squat on my personal Facebook page. I was convinced years ago to get involved, so I threw the page up one weekend, but never came close to finishing it. What I put up on that original page, is pretty much the way it’s stayed ever since. I do like the birthday notifications I receive as reminders of friend’s b/d dates, as well as my own b/d messages from well-wishers, but that’s about the extent of my participation on MY page.

That said, I do browse around other’s pages and drop an occasional comment. I also belong to a handful of Facebook groups and comment on many of those. My son used to be VERY active on F/B, but he’s pretty outspoken, says what’s on his mind and refuses to pussyfoot around some of their rules. He was constantly being banished to F/B jail for what seemed to be pretty mundane things. I don’t remember for sure, but it seems he’d be prohibited from posting for whatever lengths of time. (Week(s), month, I don’t remember) He finally got tired of it and doesn’t play in their backyard much anymore.

Which brings it to my personal bitch. I belong to one group that someone started and it’s dedicated to some custom cars I helped build with my dad back in the 70’s. I just stumbled across it one day and joined. I noticed all sorts of misinformation in the posts and the history of the cars was a jumbled up mess! Everything mixed with fact, guesses and speculation, down to outright bullshit. I introduced myself and started the massive task of correcting the erroneous information that has evidently been making the rounds for many years.

There was one post someone made, asking for help with a restoration he was making. I made a long, informative response explaining how to approach his particular issue, along with assembly instructions and part numbers, etc. It was a time-consuming post with a lot of info and I’m the only source available for that info.

Well, my post was deleted by the Facebook Goon Squad and I was sent a threatening message about breaking some sort of “community rules”. It was actually very vague and did not state what the actual rule infraction was. I was told I could edit my post to eliminate the infraction, but I was totally clueless as to what “crime” I’d committed! It remained deleted because I didn’t know what to “fix”.

Well, then it happened again on a different group. We were discussing cars we’d owned in our lives and I commented on my h/s project car. There was NOTHING remotely controversial that I could see, but the post was deleted and I was sent another warning that I would be headed straight to F/B jail if I didn’t reform and change my ways.

It was NOTHING but normal conversation and again, I was clueless as to what rule I broke, or why. Again, they don’t inform you of the actual infraction. The ONLY thing I could figure, was as I was explaining how clean I kept the car I was referring to, I used the word “anal” to describe how anal I was about attention to detail. I have no clue if that was the issue or not, I didn’t try to “correct” anything and just moved on. The only thing I could think of was their system picked up on the word “anal” and jerked my post off the site. (?)

I’m beginning to agree with my son, Facebook is the Devil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I've never been locked up but I don't really put much out there. With my previous job and the tendency of people scouring over social media to find some obscure post somewhere that they determine to be offensive so they can paint you as a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc., I was pretty bland on what I posted and responded to.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

It was definitely the word anal.

That’s the only thing I could figure, but the first time, I couldn’t find a single thing that could be taken the wrong way, with ANY stretch of the imagination. I have no clue, not even a hint as to the reason for being censored. They say they’ll resubmit the post if you correct the infraction, but they don’t tell you what that infraction is. It’s ridiculous. I don’t know if there’s even a way to challenge their decision, not that I’d waste my time doing it anyway.

Maybe Mulewriter reported you.Wouldn’t surprise me if she was stalking you. Sweetums.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    It was definitely the word anal.

Voice of experience?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

BAM!
    Viva Renaldo!