Thread: RIP Toby Keith

RIP Toby Keith

Okies mourning today for the family of Toby Keith. A country music icon, but also gave a ton back to his state and community. He was also a big Sooners fan and showed up at a lot of sporting events.
    I’ll never forget ‘Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue’. It was exactly how a lot of us were feeling about that time.

https://youtu.be/Zua8MJxnAwE?si=ApzsR8oFOvGXbnNX

RIP!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

RIP Toby Keith

We saw him in concert a few years back. It was an outside concert (lawn chairs and coolers type thing) and there were a group of bands who played during the event, but in the middle of Toby Keith’s set, he made an announcement they had to shut down due to lightning reported in the area. We left shortly after that, so I don’t know if he ever concluded the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    He was a good one for sure! BBP I actually thought he played for Oklahoma, probably because he was on the sidelines so much, but I looked it up and it doesn't look like he did.

I think he played some semi-pro football aroundthe area. He was a big boy back in the day.

One of the things he didthat really impressedme was all the trips to Iraq and afghanistan he made and went right out to wherethe rubber meets the road to give a boost to the gis there.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I think he played some semi-pro football aroundthe area. He was a big boy back in the day.

One of the things he didthat really impressedme was all the trips to Iraq and afghanistan he made and went right out to wherethe rubber meets the road to give a boost to the gis there.

BKB
    20 USO tours. He was patriotic for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    What a terrible way to go. Had a good friend die of that at 25 years old.

I always smile when Good Once as I Ever Was starts playing. My theme song. 😊