Thread: Sandy can smell 'em, even from the truck....

Sandy can smell 'em, even from the truck....

I had forgotten that my buddy took this pic, when we were leaving from the Yazoo hills last week from the season's last hunt....day'um, I love this dog.

sandy1.JPG
    Southern Gentleman

Looks to me like she's just stretchin' to get some fresh air!

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Looks like a pretty good team!!

If someone hasn't had the experience of being a team partner, with a dog, you do not understand the communication, respect and bond between the team.
    I'm not looking forward to the day mine has to retired completely from agility. Going to be a horribly feeling, for me.

Sandy has a great nose and she's telling ya they are thata way pop!!!
    Nice picture of you two. I'd make sure to get that one framed.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Looks to me like she's just stretchin' to get some fresh air!

BKB

The phrase "you old curmudgeon" comes to mind.

Come to think of it, she prolly couldn't catch her breath....I think I HAD just cut a good 'un....prolly that mid-morning snack of potted-meat and cheese.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 03-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

So true, Sunny....and, I think, in every man's lifetime, he's lucky to have REALLY loved at least one dog....in my case, I'm VERY lucky to have had FOUR long-lasting dog-loves.

And, when Sandy has treed her last squirrel, and gone to that big red oak tree in the sky, I'll train and love number FIVE!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Eddie I think I've asked this before, but Sandy is a cur isn't she?

Yep, Sky, registered Original Mountain Cur....better known as an "OMC"....and, she's from Kentucky blood-stock, which I think makes a better squirrel dog....with very little training, she just naturally uses all her senses to find those little boogers....sight and sound, as well as smell....lots of times, I think she can actually hear a squirrel, rustling around inside the hole of a dead tree....drives her nuts!!!

She amazes me, when we are hunting....rather than just running around an area like most dogs, trying to catch a scent, she spends a lot of time just standing still, and looking up into the treetops, before entering an area....however, if she doesn't see anything, then it's flat out balls-to-the-wall.
    Southern Gentleman

Thanks Eddie. The more I read and study up on Cur dogs the more I think there is to like. I'm pretty sure when it comes time for me to get another dog a mountain cur is going to be right at the top of the list.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Her camo don't match.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Sky, you will NOT be disappointed with an OMC....I've been around lots of them, and never seen one that wasn't docile, loving, hard-working, and wanna-please-you dogs.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Her camo don't match.
    Yep, but she can disappear from my sight in the woods in a nanosecond....she wears a fluroescent orange vest, when we hunt strange territory.
    Southern Gentleman

I got a friend with one out here. She's a little female. Not all that big at all maybe 15-18 lbs. He bought her initially to use for decoying coyotes, but got her running on mt. lions with a friend of his and his hounds during the winter. Now she's a lion hunting fool. Seems like those curs will hunt about anything. I want one to decoy coyotes and track wounded game. From everything I've heard or learned they about perfect for the job.