Thread: Super Bowl food stuff

Super Bowl food stuff

Although I’d decided on an order of Korean chicken wings with a few sides, the wimmins decided to do everything themselves. Heck, it was just the three of us, Lynn, her mom and myself, so I let them handle it. They cooked up two racks of ribs, shrimp/homemade cocktail sauce, egg salad, corn on the cob, a veggie plate and rice. I was able to make a pretty good dent, but we have plenty of ribs and shrimp to gnaw on today!

I prolly could have made a bigger dent, but we’d had sushi, sashimi, nigiri and a bottle of wine earlier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Those ladies sure do know how to whip up some good eats!

Since I'd already eaten 75% of the plate of sushi, (I let the wimmins share the rest), I barely had room for the shrimp/ribs a few hours later. I had no problem tackling the left-overs the next day though.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    We don't have fresh seafood available here in LA but my wife makes a vegetable sushi with cucumber, thin sliced carrots , red onions and avocado. She makes a variety of dipping sauces and while still a raging carnivore (Don't want my manhood questioned) it's not bad. Same thing with spring rolls
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Yeppers, I've had plenty of veggie sushi, even pickles at times. I guess the "Americanized" version that is many times vegetarian is the good ol' California Roll. I even like them with a bit of creme cheese thrown in. As for the lack of fresh seafood, you may want to try imitation crab with your sushi. About the only thing I use as a "dipping sauce" with sushi would be soy sauce and a bit of wasabi.

As for spring rolls, my ex-wife probably made the best spring rolls known to man! What you're describing is usually referred to as a "garden spring roll" (all veggies). My wife's usually contained bean sprouts and various veggies with ground pork or shrimp, but some use chicken. I think the line has been blurred between spring rolls and egg rolls. I think (not sure), egg rolls are a Chinese-American invention, while spring rolls were the original Chinese creation. I'm really not sure how to tell the difference. I love 'em with a bit of sweet, garlic/chili dipping sauce.

Lynn gave me a great birthday gift a few years back. Here are the before and after pics!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ve never seen one person eat a whole sushi boat before…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I’ll be honest, I shared a couple pieces with her. There are TWO dirty plates in the pic.