Thread: People say that I'm

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

People say that I'm

no good and crazy as a loon and I guess they're right although I like to think of it as eccentric. I saw that Thump had derailed the hot sauce thread with chicken wing sauce and it got me to thinking. I won't eat a wing with any kind of sauce on it or dip them in anything. I'll drag a fried chicken wing through gravy/mashed taters but I've got this thing about messy eating. Very few are the foods that I'll eat with my fingers. If I can't eat it with a fork or spoon then I'm not much interested in it. I'm not OCD about anything else I just don't like spending half my meal wiping or licking my fingers. I sometimes can eat a meal without ever picking up a napkin. I once noticed a young lady staring at me at a pot luck and I asked her was something wrong and she replied " I've never seen a man eat chicken spaghetti and not get any in his beard

Crazy.
    Last edited by quercus alba; 03-06-2024 at 01:14 AM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Hey, my wing post was about hot sauce, not the wings you old curmudgeon.

Lynn never touches any of her food either and eats her wings with frigging chop sticks! Me? I don’t mind licking my fingers from time to time. (Lynn HATES when I do that!)

So when Jerry Clower talked about getting sardines in mustard sauce all up in your eyebrows it must’ve put you over the edge!

And how, pray tell, do you eat a rib?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I eat ribs with no sauce when I eat them which is rarely. I usually order smoked sausage with sauce on the side
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I'm with you 100%, fingers are for picking your nose, not picking up greasy, sticky, slimy poultry by products.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Jeeez! So, is this how you Arkie and Michigander pansies eat your corn-on-the-cob?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Nope, my wife doesn't allow me to handle sharp pointy things. Mostly I cut it off the cob before I eat it. Occasionally I'll sauté it (off the cob of course) in butter with salt pepper garlic powder and cumin and then stir in a little mayo and parmesan to make a poor man's Mexican street corn. I do eat corn on the cob right out f the icebox, not as messy when it's cold
    Albert Einstein

Arrrrggghhh! I give up. You’re beyond hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Arrrrggghhh! I give up. You’re beyond hope!

I hear that from the wife all the time, or maybe it's beyond help. Helpless hopeless it doesn't really matter at my age
    Albert Einstein

Watermelon is another food I tend to have to wash my face after. We have never ending melon in our fridge in season.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Oh man. Just goes to show that there's different strokes don't it. 😊

I absolutely LUV a good mess of hot chicken wings. Give me that and fried deer steak, maybe half runners done up right and I could survive on a desert island. And be happy.

Will