Thread: I’m sorry, but have to ask …

I’m sorry, but have to ask …

… did anyone watch the State of the Union Address last night? I’ve avoided politics like the plague since the last election, but figure it’s time I should start catching up for the upcoming election.

I tried watching last night, but I just couldn’t stomach the damn crap. All the promises of things that will be done …. but SHOULD have been done over the last 4 years! I won’t go into the b/s speech, it was nothing more than the usual politics. The real joke was telling us the border needs to be tightened but the Repubs prevent him from doing anything! WTF? I'll give Trump a LITTLE bit of effort, he'd pretty much tackled that problem, but Joe could only brag about his first day in office, reversing anything and everything Trump ever accomplished. THAT worked well! But I digress, I didn't come here to discuss political points.

What REALLY turned my stomach? That horse-faced Kamala sitting right over Biden’s right shoulder! She acted like a frigging high school cheerleader with a spring-loaded ass! Sit down, compress that spring, then take off like being fired from a rocket launcher. Every third or fourth sentence out of Joe’s mouth, she’d jump up and stand there clapping. Then the room (the Dem areas anyway) would jump up on cue and follow suit.

Lynn was cooking dinner and thought I was loosing it! Every two minutes she’d hear me screaming, “SIT THE FUCK DOWN YOU IGNORANT BITCH!!!!” I’d change channels, calm down, then switch back 5-10 mins later. After the 3rd or 4th cycle, I threw in the towel and never went back to it. I tried, I really did, I just couldn’t do it. I wanted to puke.

I told Lynn last night that this just might be the first time since I became old enough to vote (‘72 election) that I may not even bother voting. Trump or Biden? That’s a choice? IMHO, I have no choice.

Ever since Reagan, I’ve never voted for the candidate I really wanted to be in office, I only voted against the “other guy”. In this upcoming election, the choices are so FUBAR, it’s just not worth the effort. I’ve voted for Trump twice, even though he embarrassed the “F” out of me while in office. But the thought of voting for Hillary, would have made me barf up my toenails. Sleepy Joe drew a similar feeling. I don’t think I can take another round of this idiocy ..... from EITHER side of the aisle!

Please don’t tell me to vote third party/independent. It’s not worth the 2-cups of gas it would take me to get to the polls and back. I suppose I could mail a ballot, but why waste the ink in my BIC pen? It would be no more than a “statement” anyway, so I could give a rat’s ass. This really sucks. I very well may not bother voting for the first time in 50 years. When your choice is between two total ass-wipes, how do you decide?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    State of the Union address? Hell no ... Wrote those off when I was still a teenager.

Sent to me by an acquaintance:

"""Apparently, it is not a good idea to give an angry senile old man any crack after 8 pm.....he turns into a really loud angry senile screaming old man."""
    Southern Gentleman

NOPE! I did read elsewhere O'biden told his Pennsylvania followers to send him back to Congress.

Good to see you check in HunterEd! Its been a minute!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!